New to jet ski's..how can I add more power to a 2000GSX?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyldhorse

I'm use to power in cars, but jet skis are a whole different thing. What can you do to these things to gain some power. What kind of performance parts/bolt ons can I get for a 2000GSX? Top speed isn't really a huge thing for me as the acceleration is.

Thanks for any help :)

what up, wyld-1,...canpurchase all the aftermarkets you want,but, takes the reliability out of motor, try'n find sweet-spot with carbs..etc, best bang, and since your look'n for acceleration,...different pitch impellor...more bottom end, but you lose topend speed.

what up, wyld-1,...canpurchase all the aftermarkets you want,but, takes the reliability out of motor, try'n find sweet-spot with carbs..etc, best bang, and since your look'n for acceleration,...different pitch impellor...more bottom end, but you lose topend speed.

hmmm....I don't know if I want to sacrafice top speed for acceleration. I was wrong the way I stated my 1st post. What I should've said was, I'm not worried about gaining any more on the top end. I love the way my friends 215hp seadoo feels, but I love the way mine cuts and corners and how agile it is. I guess if mine had a supercharger like his I'd have quite a bit of power as well haha.

While the 110hp feels good and it does an awesome job, I'm always looking for ways to give it more kick :)

Gotcha. Maybe I'll go get a RX or XP. I just want to make sure either of the two will be as agile as the GSX. If I can get the agility from the GSX and the power from the RX or XP, that'd be great haha. I guess I may be asking alot. I gotta read up on the 2 to see what the differences are.

Are there bolt on's for this model (GSX)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back