Rotax 717 core value?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey yall, 2 things:

i am parting out a speedster and have 2 rotax 717 engines i would like to sell as cores. Yes they have been sunk for a brief time. As far as i know they arent otherwise damaged. I know they arent a sunken treasure.... What are they going for $ wise for a rebuildable core? I have them complete and ready to crate, minus the electrical components which are trash. If you need any other parts of the boat or want the engines let me know here or email hullspeedmarineservices@gmail.com.

I will be repurposing the jet drives into a 15ft carolina skiff, debating on 1 or both drives, 1 or 2 small diesels in the 30hp, 3600rpm range to power them. Anyone have experience doing this? Im thinking the jet pumps will be underpowered but i can add a gearbox to speed up the rpms, and possibly run 2 drives off a single engine with a split gearbox or belt drive or whatever. Anyone with previous experiences i would like to discuss.

Thank you, Ben

Basically worth very little and not worth the trouble. Contact SBT, sometimes they buy them.

Basically worth very little and not worth the trouble. Contact SBT, sometimes they buy them.
that's what I figured. maybe $100 bucks a piece.... I didn't know they were 300hour motors damn. never heard of SBT, i'm a diesel mechanic so not knowlegeable about skis. You ever heard of anyone doing a diesel repower on the jet drives?

that's what I figured. maybe $100 bucks a piece.... I didn't know they were 300hour motors damn. never heard of SBT, i'm a diesel mechanic so not knowlegeable about skis. You ever heard of anyone doing a diesel repower on the jet drives?
Nope, the small jet pumps need rpm, 6,800-7,000rpm so not in diesel territory.

I believe SBT quoted me $150 for two cores, a 717 and a 657x.
I'm unsure how shipping factored into the payout but will pursue it a bit more since I have no use/ need for them.

Your diesel powered boat sounds like a real unique project !

I believe SBT quoted me $150 for two cores, a 717 and a 657x.
I'm unsure how shipping factored into the payout but will pursue it a bit more since I have no use/ need for them.

Your diesel powered boat sounds like a real unique project !
haha yeah shipping would be a lot more than that. Idk I will try and contact SBT, can I just google and find them I guess? Unique is right, I have a big freight hauling sailboat that draws 3.5 feet so looking to build a carolina that draws inches to get a pallet offloaded into the shallowest imaginable locations in the bahamas. With speed haha. Pretty niche, maybe make some $... maybe get youtube famous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back