New Shoes for the trailer?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingarmy

I need to put new tires on the Speedster trailer. They are P185/80R13, Goodyear Marathon Radials. I have been searching for reviews and have met mixed resutls. Some hate the GY Marathon, some love them. I'd like to put the best tire I can on Shoreland'r trailer siince I will be towing at least 6 hours to the beach several times a year. Any suggestions out there for the best trailer tires?

Also looking to add a spare. Just a basic rim to get me from the point that I had a flat to the next gas station! Anyone know the best place to pick up a 13" rim for a trailer?

Thanks in advance!:cheers:

Do what I did, buy new wheels and tires off ebay and keep an old one for a spare. Got em off ebay, shipped for like $170. Search for trailer wheels and gator-tuff is the seller.

261.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do what I did, but new wheels and tires off ebay and keep an old one for a spare. Got em off ebay, shipped for like $170. Search for trailer wheels and gator-tuff is the seller.

261.jpg

What brand of tire? How have they lasted and how much towing do you do, if you don't mind me asking?

Ya know, im not even sure what brand the tire is. I am sure some cheaper brand. But I havent had a single problem. Ive only had the boat out 5 times this year with them, but those 5 trips have been a total of about 1800 miles. I usually boat at lakes that are 3 to 4 hours form my house. So a typical roundtrip for me is 500 miles. The trailer does fine and rides good with them. I have checked them after driving 300 miles and they look good and arent even hot.

I was just looking for a cheap replacement. When I bought the boat, it had the original tires from 1998 on it. The previous owner kept it on a lift at a small lake he lived on. He only used it to take back to storage at the end of the season and they probably only had 500 miles on them. They were dryrotted and one had a major failure on a road trip. The new wheels and tried had been used by a few regulars on here and they only had good things to say.

I am working at the firehouse today, but can look on them when i get home in the morning and see what the brand is.

Ya know, im not even sure what brand the tire is. I am sure some cheaper brand. But I havent had a single problem. Ive only had the boat out 5 times this year with them, but those 5 trips have been a total of about 1800 miles. I usually boat at lakes that are 3 to 4 hours form my house. So a typical roundtrip for me is 500 miles. The trailer does fine and rides good with them. I have checked them after driving 300 miles and they look good and arent even hot.

I was just looking for a cheap replacement. When I bought the boat, it had the original tires from 1998 on it. The previous owner kept it on a lift at a small lake he lived on. He only used it to take back to storage at the end of the season and they probably only had 500 miles on them. They were dryrotted and one had a major failure on a road trip. The new wheels and tried had been used by a few regulars on here and they only had good things to say.

I am working at the firehouse today, but can look on them when i get home in the morning and see what the brand is.

Thanks....I have found some Firestones for about $180 mounted and balanced. I still will need to buy a spare. It would make more sense to do what you did and use the best current tire and the spare. Did you get the tire and wheel for $170?

Ebay company is gator-tuff. They are actually here in KY, so I got mine the next day. You can find the wheels you need by lookin at ebay item # 290474959774 They have other styles and sizes too.

Ok..I have searched everywhere and it seems that a 185/80R13 is a rare beast. Would changing tire size, say going to a 175/80R13 be an issue? I know tires are load rated, and with the speedster at 1710 dry + trailer, which tire would be best. Thanks for the help in advance.

I basically have the same boat, and exact trailer as you. 98 speedster, only difference is it isnt an SK. I switched from 185 to 175's. they work great, I wouldnt steer ya in the wrong direction. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back