New project hx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
No not yet it's been 85 here this week water was still way to cold last weekend and unfortanently I'm building the fuel pump on my x4 today hoping to get out tomorrow night crazy hot can't wait

uploadfromtaptalk1462472379778.jpguploadfromtaptalk1462472389720.jpg
Get your skis shined up grab a stick of juicy fruit 800 running heading out in a couple hours waiting on a battery to charge so pumped been 8 months since I've been in the water

Got the hx on the water yesterday it rides like a stand up you have to lean to turn fun to ride for sure a little under powered for my liking she will be getting clapped out when I finally put carbs and a pipe on the x4 then I can rob the 40s off it for the 720

I did have one issue with the ski which cut the firs ride on it to about 15 min I seemed to run out of fuel about every 30sec or so basically go fine the go dead bog for 4 seconds then the power would come back any thoughts guys

good call Adam that's what I was thinking I also noticed the filter/water separator is leaking a bit so may be sucking air plan for tonight is to go over the fuel system new o ring and blow out all the vents hoping to find the issue thanks for the response ill post my findings when I find out any other ideas out there?

If your fuel water separator is leaking that is going to be your problem. Replace the o-ring and I bet it takes care of the issue.

Just after I had gone through fuel system and had 8 perfect rides before the big freeride this past weekend my ski took a dump a WOT, idled perfect. At wot for a couple seconds it would shut off like someone yanked the lanyard. Hit the start button and it restarted. It was starving for fuel on high speed carb circuit. Low speed fine because to idle doesn't require much fuel delivery.

After pulling head and carbs. I lost 30 psi in rear cylinder ( 160 mag, 130 pto )

Plug readings didn't match at all. Decided to yank the fuel/water separator out and just go direct into carb with the inline fuel filter and put it all back together, beat the hell out of it and now the plug readings are matching, and it doesn't starve for fuel and shutoff on WOT.

But now I have the engine all apart and ready to redo top end.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm going to bypass the water separator and check the vents sounds like same Simptom tanks for the post 1983

It's worth a shot but keep an eye on those spark plugs, and make sure fuel system ( and carbs ) are clean,

Rob

well she runs great now I put about 30min on the hour meter on Saturday with no issues other than its a stock 720 so I felt as if it was in beginner mode compared to my 800 I was getting between 6600 to 6700 rpm out of it is that normal on a 720?

dose anyone have any deep start tricks that they would like to share I fell off it and took me 15 min to get back on my buddy had to hold it for me to get back on the freaking thing I was wiped after had to put it on the trailer. I am 6'2" 200lbs and tried every thing I can think of I was so close getting it but the lanyard was to shout and I kept pulling it off. if I cant master it in the next couple weeks im going to sell it I was offered 3500 for it already vary tempting

Well if I was offered 3500 for my HX it would be gone.

But if you want to keep it you have to learn to side board. Pit the throttle to the sky and the start button to the water. Fire it up and pin it, it will pull you up and then throw your leg over. It's easy, I'm 6-2 230 so your about the same size. The only difference might be that my lanyard is around my wrist.

54.jpg
I'm trading it for this quad 2006 660r young kid that works for me wants it and u don't have a quad and this goes like hell seams like a fare trad I'll still get to ride it now and again anyway so win win for me
So steer it away from me or into me I was trying to side board it that way but haven't quite got it yet thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back