new owner of 1997 gsx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

big island

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aloha,
I just bought two 1997 gsx (45,55 hrs).I dont know much about jet skis,but I got them to enjoy with my grandchildren.These skis were never in salt water and were in storage for awhile(military,the best)..I am just looking for ideas as to what to do as far as starting off!! I did not take them for a test run, we started it up on the trailer and it sounded fine.Any things that I shoud do first before taking them out.

what's your take on doing away with the oil injection and going to pre mix

Aloha

Premix....

The idea of a ski that old going to premix isn't a bad idea. All you have to do is remove the oil injection pump and take out the little plastic drive shaft. Put the pump back on and then your ready for premix.
I'd probably go ahead and mix 50:1 synthetic non-NMMA oil (Quicksilver makes a synthetic blend compatable with Seadoo, sold at your local Walmart) to your tank and run for about 5 or 10 minutes first to ensure your gas has oil in it before you remove the pump. That way, your not running your engine without oil after you disable the oil pump.
VERY IMPORTANT! You must leave the oil injection tank in the craft and maintain the oil to lubricate the rotary valve chamber. It shouldn't ever need to be refilled, and the pump doesn't affect the oil in the rotary chamber but you must leave it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back