Changing small oil lines 97 GSX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

burtshaver2021

Premium Member
Premium Member
Anyone changed the small oil lines on a 97 GSX? I’m wondering if it can be done with the carburetors off? From what I can see, there is absolutely no way I’m going to be able to change the one going to the PTO cylinder with the carburetors on, I wanted to change them out as I have a lady coming to look at this machine, the one I changed was very pliable, I twisted it and pulled on it and it didn’t break but I would feel better if they were both changed out for her. Anyone ever do them with the engine in? I don’t want to go ahead and take the carburetors off if it’s still not possible. Thank you

Just a few screws and bolts and the carbs are out of your way. Might be able to get there with just the airbox removed if you wanna fight it. You're gonna need to prime the lines so that means pulling the oil pump unless you wanna run premix for a bit.

Just a few screws and bolts and the carbs are out of your way. Might be able to get there with just the airbox removed if you wanna fight it. You're gonna need to prime the lines so that means pulling the oil pump unless you wanna run premix for a bit.
Thank you, I don’t think I would be able to with just the air box removed. I’m going to remove the pto carb only.

For a 96GSX the factory manual says when replacing the 2 small lines to fire up the engine and as it idles to pull the oil pump wide open and be prepared for lots of smoke but in just a few seconds it will have primed the lines.
I would verify this with a 97 Factory manual before attempting this because it could be a catastrophic engine fail.
It is how I primed my lines and it took less than 30 seconds but mine is a 96 GSX

For a 96GSX the factory manual says when replacing the 2 small lines to fire up the engine and as it idles to pull the oil pump wide open and be prepared for lots of smoke but in just a few seconds it will have primed the lines.
I would verify this with a 97 Factory manual before attempting this because it could be a catastrophic engine fail.
It is how I primed my lines and it took less than 30 seconds but mine is a 96 GSX
Thank you,

Back