New (old) Speedster owner in PA

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mpost

Howdy everybody! Just found this forum, lots of great stuff here! I just picked up a 96 Speedster as a second watercraft (I keep a 28' cruiser in the water all summer, wanted something to run around on, take to other lakes, etc.) Bought it from an engineer, it's pretty close to mint (I had to replace some minor things, like cup holders and the latch on the ski locker). One engine has a fresh rebuild, and I know I'll be doing the other sometime in the near future. Despite its quirks, damn this is a fun little boat!

Anyway, I'm going to throw out a couple rhetorical questions about this thing. . .I know this isn't the right section, but these really aren't technical questions, so. . .

Is there a compelling reason for this thing to have two batteries? I'm assuming they are two totally separate circuits, I can't imagine anything needs 24v. . .so why two small batteries instead of one larger marine battery? Wouldn't it hold a charge longer, power accessories better, etc.?

Has anybody thought of replacing the scupper? The little plastic ball seems like a terrible design. I've noticed a couple times while anchored that it seems to let in a cup of water every time a wave hits it at just the right angle.

Why does my DESS lanyard fit like crap on the post? It works just fine, two beeps and all, and it seems to stay on even in rough water. But I would think that it should snap on tight and push down flush with the console. It just kinda snaps onto the top of the post and sits at a funny angle, like fake gangsta kids wear their hats. Bad design, or am I doing something wrong?

SD.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back