New member/need advice on top end rebuild

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

jbsmallmouth

I am a new member and have a 98 gtx limited that needs a top end rebuild .could use so advice on where to get parts tutorals and anything that might help me through this endevor. THANKS

Get the shop manual, it covers the entire process you will go through. You can download them right on this forum as a premium member. Click the "seadoo manuals" link in the white bar up top ^

Since your ski has a 951 and unless you have extremely low hours I would swap the motor for a rebuilt unit. However if you decide to do a top end most and probably all the parts needed can be obtained by clicking "Parts" above. Seadoowarehouse.com

Lou

I am a new member and have a 98 gtx limited that needs a top end rebuild .could use so advice on where to get parts tutorals and anything that might help me through this endevor. THANKS

Your ski has a 15 yr old crank in it......it may not handle the "new found" power of a top end rebuild. If it blows after the rebuild then you get to enjoy the rebuild all over again but with a new crank this time.
I would follow Lou's advice and go with a SBT, Fullbore, or SES rebuild with a warranty. Just a bit more but hardly any labor on your part....it includes everything.

18mp-bde-2.gifHey 1st Cav Boy, back around 2004 I bought a 2000 GTX Millennium Ed. and shortly thereafter, upon reading all the bad news about the water injection problems, (I know, duh, why didn't I do my research before I bought? Quick answer-they looked bitchin, like a can of Coke) I got spooked and dumped them pronto. Well, was I right to dump, or was all the bad info mere hype? 18th Mp Brig

Last edited by a moderator:
Back