New member and Seadoo owner from Virginia Beach, Virginia

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCzGTX

Hey everybody. I rode a lot through the 90's when all my uncles and older cousins had skis, so that experience is there. However, I am a first time owner now and will have to give up the life of hitting the dock at the end of the day, dropping my lifevest and hopping in the truck. I am a mechanic by trade so hopefully I catch on to the maintenance and troubleshooting quickly.

My wife knows I have been missing our boat a lot since selling a few months ago, and had a father's day surprise Saturday. We bought a 1997 GTX with 185 hours on it with a 2006 single trailer for $1400. I thought it sounded like a good deal and made the 2-1/2 hour drive (60 miles with tunnel traffic) to Williamsburg, VA to pick it up. It was garage kept and maintained at the stealership, so it was very clean, non-faded and had been run in fresh water.

We went down to the dock by his house for a quick ride and since I sliced my hand open last week and couldn't get wet, my wife took the maiden voyage.... 200 yards out, low tide, stuck it straight in the mud on the river. After a few hours of rescue time, with the seller putting his brand new Supercharged 4-Tec in the water, and paddling out to her on an inflatable (in his rolex), I felt even better about who I was doing business with!

He threw in 2 PFDs, the inflatable/rope, quick inflator pump, full tank of fuel, new jug of oil, and the fire extinguisher/tool box were there and equipped also.

Since my buddy has two skis, I brought us this weekend a spearfishing trip out to Chesapeake light. Him and our other buddy are almost excited as I am, so if anybody on the east coast here has done that trip please let me know your experience and any advice is appreciated.

Jeremy
Virginia Beach
'97 GTX
Military
Long-time rider
Short-time owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back