New Bilge pump will not turn off

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayzuks

I have 2003 Utopia 205 optimax 250. Original Rule 500 pump started acting up, I cleaned it up and now will not turn off. I installed a new one (wired correctly (ground to ground, brown and white to brown and white, solid brown to solid brown. ) The new pump does the same thing just runs. Even with the float in the off position.
I tried it with only the ground wire, and brown/white wire connected, the switch on the helm does not turn it on and off. I pulled the switch and tried replacing it with the light switch that works and no luck.

With both pumps acting the same It has to be something with the wiring but I can not figure it out. Do the switches ever go bad? Or maybe I need to replace the fuses in the switch.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Jason

I personally prefer to have the bilge wired directly to the battery with an inline fuse on the power side. This way the bilge pump will always work regardless of any wiring issues that come in play over time.

the bilge pump is wired directly to the battery on the 205. There is a switch on the dash that will manually turn it on (but not off if the float switch is activated). When you flip the battery disconnect off, does it continue to run? I thought the float switch was built into the pump, but maybe not?

I personally prefer to have the bilge wired directly to the battery with an inline fuse on the power side. This way the bilge pump will always work regardless of any wiring issues that come in play over time.
the bilge pump is wired directly to the battery on the 205. There is a switch on the dash that will manually turn it on (but not off if the float switch is activated). When you flip the battery disconnect off, does it continue to run? I thought the float switch was built into the pump, but maybe not?
Yeah it continues to run when the battery switch it turned off. The float switch is built into the pump.

I've gone through 3 "solid state" bilge pumps - the float switch is electronic. Same thing with those. This year i went back to mechanical float switch for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back