New audio & LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

davo

About to embark on a significant upgrade to my c180. I'm upgrading the 4 in boat speakers, putting a couple of tower speakers up & adding a sub woofer.

Looking at wetsounds speakers, has anyone got experience with these in boat. Second, looking at LED rings around the speakers for more ambient light for riding at dusk. How would you get the lighting wire up the front? Would it work if you spliced the lighting wire in the bow to accomodate another couple of lights, or just run off the stereo power. I've already upgraded the three in boat lights with LED festoon lights.

cheers

I would run my own power wires to the lights you are adding. Put them on their own circuit with a fuse. That way if there are any problems, it is easy to find and you know you arent running the risk of messing with the OEM electronics. Running wire should be fairly easy. Take the factory speakers out and use those holes to access the hull. Then make your holes where you want the front speakers. Buy yourself and electricians fish tape and use it to fish the wires from the rear holes to the front.

I got a friend with wetsounds speakers on his Malibu boat. They are very nice...Expensive but he seems to love em.

I have had the pleasure of listening to a few Wetsounds stereo systems. If you want quality and significant volume for partying. There is no other choice in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back