New 42lb injectors wrong size?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ef200098

Solved.

Mike

Attachments

• 20170626_150520.jpg
    20170626_150520.jpg
    1,003.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 20170626_150538.jpg
    20170626_150538.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 60
  • 20170626_155232.jpg
    20170626_155232.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mike, was gonna chime in to help. Glad you figured it out. We had a thread on our performance forum www.pwcextreme.com about this.

thanks!

The more digging i did into it. It seems like the boats have 48lb injectors vs the 38. The pictures from the guy's injectors over on the other forum, look like the 48lb injectors as well.

So you found the boats have 48 instead of 38 stock? I'm assuming you went to a x charger or upgraded the sc wheel needing the 42lb injectors?

Doing some searching this morning, the part number for my 2012 Challenger 210 fuel injectors is 420874834. Looks like those are already 42 lb injectors and used in everything from the 155 to the 260 motors.

HFGREG, can you check with one of your guys on this? Are the green injectors still needed with X-Charger / et-127 wheel?

just went and got my old injectors, DEKA #109031, Looks like they are 48 lbs, so this means I removed 48's and installed 42's.......

So looks like the I-Control motors all have the 48 lbs injectors already. Looks like I have two sets of 42 lbs injectors that I don't need with only a couple hours on.

yes, the boats have 48lb injectors, i put x chargers in my 210 challenger. Going to need tweaking of the 14/19 solas impellers.

I have a 2012 Seadoo Challenger 180 was thinking about going to the 260 supercharger so it sounds like I don't have to change the injectors so just bolt in new supercharger that's it?

I'd check your current injectors, just to be safe, but the 2012 should have IControl and will not need the injectors replaced.

I looked it up same size injectors on the 255HP model. So just put on the 260 Supercharge and that's it ??

Yeah, that should be it, but to take advantage of the extra HP you'll want to change impellers. Then you'll be looking at an external intercooler. :)

Yeah, that should be it, but to take advantage of the extra HP you'll want to change impellers. Then you'll be looking at an external intercooler. :)
So I have been following this thread and also have the 2012 Challenger, single engine, all stock. With the updates you guys are talking about: 260 Super Charger, external intercooler and upgraded Solas Impeller, what find of performance boost would I be looking at with this total upgrade ? Thanks !

So I have been following this thread and also have the 2012 Challenger, single engine, all stock. With the updates you guys are talking about: 260 Super Charger, external intercooler and upgraded Solas Impeller, what find of performance boost would I be looking at with this total upgrade ? Thanks !

The single engine 210 Challenger S already has the 255hp engine doesn't it? These mods are for turning the 215 into the 255/260.

Yes, mine has the 255. So nothing really to upgrade, right ?

An aftermarket intercooler would be a slight improvement, but likely not worth the cost unless yours needed replacement. You could always upgrade your supercharger with a bigger wheel. Such as this ET-137. You should have the 48lb injectors already, but it says it does requires a fuel pressure regulator.

The fizzle intercooler and a tune will keep you close to stock reliability with some increased performance.

The ET137+4 wheel has some additional maintenance along with the extra required parts. Have sold a few setups to boat owners and they have all been happy with it.

If it were my money, I'd do tune, fizzle, impeller and see if that would be enough. Always able to go bigger later!

The fizzle intercooler and a tune will keep you close to stock reliability with some increased performance.

The ET137+4 wheel has some additional maintenance along with the extra required parts. Have sold a few setups to boat owners and they have all been happy with it.

If it were my money, I'd do tune, fizzle, impeller and see if that would be enough. Always able to go bigger later!

After reading some posts on here about an issue my boat is currently having, I'm thinking that I may have a leaky intercooler. When first starting the engine, it idles a little rough and then will only top out at 6000 or so RPM's for the first couple of minutes on the water then it will eventually surge to full 8000. After this the boat will run flawlessly for the rest of the day and won't do it again until the next time I take the boat out. With this said, would like your opinion on this and would like to know how difficult it would be to install one of the Fizzle Intercoolers you reference above and approximate cost the kit for my 2012 210 Challenger S. Single Engine, 255hp. Thanks in advance for your help !

Your 255 should already have the external intercooler, so I think you should just need to swap it out. I would probably go with the Fizzle instead of OEM.

After reading some posts on here about an issue my boat is currently having, I'm thinking that I may have a leaky intercooler. When first starting the engine, it idles a little rough and then will only top out at 6000 or so RPM's for the first couple of minutes on the water then it will eventually surge to full 8000. After this the boat will run flawlessly for the rest of the day and won't do it again until the next time I take the boat out. With this said, would like your opinion on this and would like to know how difficult it would be to install one of the Fizzle Intercoolers you reference above and approximate cost the kit for my 2012 210 Challenger S. Single Engine, 255hp. Thanks in advance for your help !

This is just from my own research, but the Fizzle Gen X is advertised as a direct replacement for the stock external intercooler and should be quick and easy to install. It's listed at $520. I believe there is a discount for forum members at PWC Muscle. I'm sure one of the moderators will chime in on that. Alternatively the Fizzle F1000 offers an improvement over the GenX, but is not a direct bolt on. The hoses are different size etc, so you'd have to figure out the piping and mount yourself. That is relatively easy, but adds time and cost to the install.

This is just from my own research, but the Fizzle Gen X is advertised as a direct replacement for the stock external intercooler and should be quick and easy to install. It's listed at $520. I believe there is a discount for forum members at PWC Muscle. I'm sure one of the moderators will chime in on that. Alternatively the Fizzle F1000 offers an improvement over the GenX, but is not a direct bolt on. The hoses are different size etc, so you'd have to figure out the piping and mount yourself. That is relatively easy, but adds time and cost to the install.

Thanks Guys, I appreciate the info and as much as I would like to upgrade, the Fizzle direct replacement sounds like the better option as I don't need more speed as much as I need reliability. With that said I will certainly contact PWC Muscle and explore both options. Would also like to know the best way to test the system and see if this is actually the issue. Any advice on this ?

Thanks Guys, I appreciate the info and as much as I would like to upgrade, the Fizzle direct replacement sounds like the better option as I don't need more speed as much as I need reliability. With that said I will certainly contact PWC Muscle and explore both options. Would also like to know the best way to test the system and see if this is actually the issue. Any advice on this ?

I would just pull the hose off the intercooler and see if there is any water coming out when it's running. Here's a video of a leaking intercooler
I don't know how big of a leak is require to make it that obvious.

You could also pressure test it. I don't have a manual for engines with external coolers, but BRP says the internal should hold 10psi for 10min.

That said, I would think if it was leaking it would be a constant issue, not just one that appears early in the day and goes away. Intermittent issues like this are a pain to diagnose. It could be the spark plugs, coils or a sensor issue etc. I assume you've never had the check engine light come on?

That said, I would think if it was leaking it would be a constant issue, not just one that appears early in the day and goes away. Intermittent issues like this are a pain to diagnose. It could be the spark plugs, coils or a sensor issue etc. I assume you've never had the check engine light come on?

Thanks for all of the info ! I would have to agree with you about the intermittent issue but just wanted to get others opinions on it. I certainly don't want to replace anything I don't have to but at the same time want to minimize risk for bigger issues down the road. And you are correct, never had any warning lights. Guess I will just continue to the monitor the issue and then go from there. If anyone else has any advice please chime in.
Thanks Again !

My 2009 255hp has done that since brand new. Not all the time but sometimes. It only last for around 2 minutes and then goes away for the rest of the day. Not sure why this happens but I have 200 hours on it already and never had an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back