new 2008 150 Speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

steer1

Hello,
I just purchased a new 2008 150 Speedster. I found out after the sale it might have been a demo. The issue is going over 20mph I recieve an Exhaust temp overtemp alarm. I fully reduce the throttle and the alarm goes off. I took it to the dealer who replaced the temperature sensor. This did not resolve the problem. ANy idea what could be wrong? This is a supposed new boat and would not think this is normal? thanks for any advise. Not sure if I should return the boat.

Yeah thats not normal. Maybe there is a restriction in the cooling system somewhere. I would be more concerned about the fact you think you got a used boat when you were buying a new one. doesnt that model have an hour meter? If not, I would make them hook it to the computer and show me how many hours it has. If it isnt brand new, I would make them give me a new one.

You think it was a demo huh?
I too have a 150 speedster purchased brand new... It does have a hour meter and it read zero hrs...(it was new).
They need to fix what ever is wrong with that boat 100%.. It's a few weeks old and well under warranty... By the way it's a warranty not a guarantee (they will fix it or replace it [maybe] but not give you your $$$ back.
I'm sure they will do good... keep us posted.
If it is still not past the 10hr breakin do not go more than 3/4 of the open throttle or you will do some permanent damge..(i'm sure you were told that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back