Needles / seats - LESSON LEARNED - READ THE CARB THREAD

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

peril99

I bought the needles and seats labelled mikuni:( .. but these seats do not fit in my 787) Are these possibly mislabeled - they seem to be identical to the set I ordered for the 717. (and are 359 vs 360).

I shouldn't have amazoned these :(
IMG_1710.jpg

Ok I just reread the carb thread - where should I get the genuine mikuni needles / seats - anyone have a rec?

thanks for that - I didn't read the carb thread closely - honestly the needle / seat looked really good (and the one fuel filter I pulled was clean) - the rebuild kit had the right o-ring but I wanted to see what a good factory needle looked like.

After pulling the carbs, they look really good inside, except for the gook that had settled around the nooks and crannies outside (dust, oil, water)

thanks for that - I didn't read the carb thread closely - honestly the needle / seat looked really good (and the one fuel filter I pulled was clean) - the rebuild kit had the right o-ring but I wanted to see what a good factory needle looked like.

After pulling the carbs, they look really good inside, except for the gook that had settled around the nooks and crannies outside (dust, oil, water)
Is the gook greenish. The gas lines on these machines don't do well with ethanol and causes gook to form. Might want to look at your lines and see if they are the original gray ones, if so I would advise changing them out.

Sorry you learned the hard way.
To all others, stop buying Titan parts, the quality is not the same.

Is the gook greenish. The gas lines on these machines don't do well with ethanol and causes gook to form. Might want to look at your lines and see if they are the original gray ones, if so I would advise changing them out.
No - it was just gook - the insides of the first on looked good (think this was the mag) I will do the PTO as soon as I get the right seats. ;)

I did the tempo fuel lines and also going to do the fuel selector when I get the seat up again.

Back