Needed Upgrade

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Can you explain what this battery does differently that it is considered an upgrade?

Does this battery do something better than another?

Sure, It provides just about 100 more CCA for stubborn starts, 2 more AH rating as well. More power and better quality ratings hands down. When your 10 miles out we need the best on the market.

Hi Ivan. Could you tell me what model battery you bought? Was it a dual-battery kit? I have not gotten my Trophy yet. I am in serious price negotiations. The dealer wants 26 thousand for a new Trophy and a continental trailer.

Yes, the attached pic shows the battery. Easy to get from Amazon. I would try to save and purchase a fish pro 170 sport. less $$$. Many of the extras on the Trophy are not worth the price to me. I would rather select some options a purchase my self. Check other forums and get more input. Put the money into and OEM windshield. Etc.. Just my opinion about saving money. the Trophy is an awesome machine for sure.

20231030_161925.jpg

Yes, the attached pic shows the battery. Easy to get from Amazon. I would try to save and purchase a fish pro 170 sport. less $$$. Many of the extras on the Trophy are not worth the price to me. I would rather select some options a purchase my self. Check other forums and get more input. Put the money into and OEM windshield. Etc.. Just my opinion about saving money. the Trophy is an awesome machine for sure.

View attachment 64466
Great thank you and thanks for the advice. I wouldn't pay any more than $22,500 for both the ski and the trailer. I will find out tomorrow if they accept my counteroffer. -Dingo

Sure, It provides just about 100 more CCA for stubborn starts, 2 more AH rating as well. More power and better quality ratings hands down. When you’re 10 miles out we need the best on the market.
Thanks for replying.

For the ultimate solution wouldn’t it be better to have a dual battery setup and perhaps isolate battery #2 in the event battery 1 fails?

Thanks for replying.

For the ultimate solution wouldn’t it be better to have a dual battery setup and perhaps isolate battery #2 in the event battery 1 fails?
Yes, that is the end plan on power. I am going to use the OEM to set up two bat system. Then rotate as they age out. Want to add running lights soon.

Upgrades are always fun. So exciting. I'll share my upgrade path. Maybe it'll help the community.

It came with a nice AGM replacement from the previous owner. I left it alone and use it as a starter battery. In addition to that, I added a Lifepo4 30ah pack under the seat tray. Lithium iron phosphate chemistry is known to be stable and safe. I would avoid any lithium polymer packs.
I was going to make a bracket, but just decided to hold the battery with heavy duty plastic ties since it's so light. Most packs will come with a nice BMS, so it'll prevent overcharging, cut off at low voltage to prevent cell damage, and does a decent job balancing the cells. The only thing you'll need to keep an eye on is low temperature operation. Normally, we'll be out of the water when temps are in the 40's F, so this won't be an issue. The power density and value is much higher than your conventional battery. I only paid ~$100 for the 30 ah lithium pack.

There's several ways to connect this.
1) Add an XT90 connector and manually connect it to the main battery when you put the craft in the water. You need to disconnect it after. It is not recommended to leave it connected to the AGM battery. It will always try to hold the AGM battery at a higher potential and self drain.

2) Add a high current relay and have it energized with the accessory power. This is similar to 1 and will automatically disconnect when accessory is off.

3) there's ways to isolate it to run devices, but that just adds electrical complications and more items to fail.

Nice Info thanks, I have read on a site that those jump packs can damage the Sea doo elect sys. What say you on this subject? Is there a peculiar instance where that would be a problem?

Nice Info thanks, I have read on a site that those jump packs can damage the Sea doo elect sys. What say you on this subject? Is there a peculiar instance where that would be a problem?
I don't own any lithium jump packs. They are generally low capacity and utilize "power" cells, which generally have very high discharge rates with lower capacity. These are normally NMC lithium cells. I'm not aware of anyone having any issues using jumper packs the way it's intended. I wouldn't leave any lithium battery packs connected to a charging device unless the pack has some kind of BMS.

Back