Need help with challenger 2000 stock stereo wiring ID

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have removed a SeaWorthy head unit from a 2001 Challenger 2000. I am replacing the head unit with a new Kenwood KMR 350U. I would appreciate it if anyone can help me with identification of the original wires.

Based on what I see I have the following wires in the harness:
Yellow
Red
Light Orange
2 Blue
2 Gray
2 Green
2 Brown

I assume that the paired wires power the 4 speakers. Each pair has a wire with a white stripe.

2012-05-01 18.49.13.jpg2012-05-01 18.48.44.jpg

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I located the original "SEAWORTHY" manual that the original owner gave me with the boat documents. For anyone with this issue in the future the wires are as follows on the 2001 challenger 2000:
Green + left front
Green/White - left front
Grey + Rt front
Grey/white - Rt front
Brown LT Rear
Blue RT Rear

Orange: Connect to power antenna or remote control for amplifier
Yellow: Memory - connects to battery and is always live (assuming the perco switch is on)
Red: Connects to ignition key
Black: Ground

By the way, on my boat the front wires and the back wires were switched. Additional speakers were added up front by the previous owner so that may have been the source of the mix up. Not a big deal figuring it out.

By the way, the Kenwood head unit with the Bose marine speakers that were previously installed does make a significant improvement in the sound. I did not mess with an amp this year, but maybe in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back