Need Help with 2000 GTX RFI won't rev over 3000rpm, starts fine

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

B@MOTOSPORT

Hello and thanks in advance for any advice. I bought a 2000GTX RFI with the motor in boxes (appeared to be a seized crank but was a piece of ring caught in cylinder) so i purchased a BRP short block, installed and was on the water.

The machine ran great with the exception of 12V low alarm. After ejecting a buddy from the back I shut it off, it wouldn't start, had boat tow it back to dock. I changed the battery and all was good (except 12V low) for about 15 minutes until it lost power and wouldn't rev over 2000 rpm. I changed plugs thinking I fouled as I am running 500ml Sea Doo full syn oil (dealer recommended amount)in full tank as well as injector this didn't fix anything. Rear plug appeared to have quite a bit of oil and gas, front plug looked good and dry.

When out of water I checked compression 150/147, spark good, pulled plugs and cranked engine - no water, removed raves they were oily but kind of milky with a couple bubbles that appeared to me like water. I also followed the 3 yellow stator wires back to regulator and found connectorwasn't mated entirely (oops). After a full charge I started it on hose and it ran fine revved up and no more 12 V low alarms.

Next was the water test, my buddy launched it for me as I was busy and said it seemed to rev up pretty good and got to 25mph and maybe a minute later went back to 10mph and 2000 rpm. He did not notice a 12 V low alarm.

Next I will check stator, regulator, fuel lines whether they are grey (not sur if this was rfi issue) and the spray pattern of the injectors.

What else am I missing, am I getting water in engine? cracked exhaust?? Any help is appreciated as lake testing is tough an hour away.

Thanks

My guess is fuel pump is failing. Water in tank and/or rail. Suggest you pull the module out of the tank and see if any crap or water in there.
Sit the module in a pail of water and apply current in the correct + or -. Check the line pressure, should be 59 psi. Keep us posted.

its a pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back