Need help getting water out of cylinders

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garyishungry19

I have a sea doo islandia and recently it got submerged under water I got it out of the water and took the spark plugs out of it And I have water shooting out of the cylinders is there a way to drain the block to get all the water out?

I have a sea doo islandia and recently it got submerged under water I got it out of the water and took the spark plugs out of it And I have water shooting out of the cylinders is there a way to drain the block to get all the water out?

No way to drain block. There is a procedure though for boiling out as much water as possible. It's in the repair manual somewhere. You'll need to do several oil changes to ensure the water has been removed.

How long was it submerged? Salt or fresh water? How long since it sunk and what have you done so far?

Thanks for the quick response it was submerged for about a day in fresh water all I have done is take the plugs out it has spark and I put some gas in in it but the plugs keep failing i don’t know where the drain is to drain the oil and I’ll have to look online for a manual bought it online didn’t have the manual

Thanks for the quick response it was submerged for about a day in fresh water all I have done is take the plugs out it has spark and I put some gas in in it but the plugs keep failing i don’t know where the drain is to drain the oil and I’ll have to look online for a manual bought it online didn’t have the manual

I'm assuming your boat has the newer 4tecs. Oil must be pumped out of the dip stick hole. If you haven't started removing the old oil, you may have some issues with rust already. Removing the water contaminated oil, running the motor and repeating until all presence of water is gone is a crucial part of trying to save a submerged motor.

Per service manual if it’s a 4tec you are suppose to drain the intake and exhaust systems of water before you try to start or crank and if there is water in the intake system it’s to be treated as a water flooded engine and serviced per the shop manual.

When you try to crank or start a submerged engine before draining the exhaust and intake you are essentially vacuuming water into your engine from the intake and exhaust systems.

You have to take the intake tube off and get the water out of that first, then crank with plugs out, then change the oil before you ever try to fire it. If the boat was under water also drain and clean the fuel tank to make sure there is no water in your fuel.

The very first step you must do is remove the intake manifold remove the water from it. Water sits very low in the intake manifold and enters the cylinders every time you crank the engine.

Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back