Need Help getting ski ready ********

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

I have an 07 GTX with 50 hours.

The ski was not properly winterized this last season.

only maintenance ever done on it was oil and filter changes

I am planning to do an oil/filter change, replace spark plugs, and replace the battery to get it ready for this season.

Is there any thing else I should look at/needs replacement at this point?does carb need cleaning?

Also can anybody advise a good quality battery that I can buy on eBay or something other than seadoo dealership?

any help/advice appreciated

Being a 4-tech chances are that not winterizing it didn't hurt the engine. That said, this is only true if there was antifreeze in the closed loop system. There is a chance the exhaust or heat exchanger could have been damaged due to not winterizing.

I would suggest you do the minimum amount of work to get it fired up and run it in a hose and look for water leaks where they shouldn't be.

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be fine if all the water was blown out by revving it before storage - this is how a lot of people "winterize" a ski.

At 50 hours there's not much maintenance that should have been done. I believe they recommend one oil change after break in and then every 100 hours so you should be good. You could change the oil if you want but tossing good oil and spark plugs is waste of money.

If I was you I'd check the oil, then run it in my driveway then check the oil for water (milky color). If all seems OK you should be good to go.

I wouldn't change the plugs unless you need to.

I would just get a battery from your local battery store, not a dealership. Shipping usually eats into any online savings.

I would also change the coolant, if it is original it has been in there for about 6 years now and may have turned to battery acid by now.

Probably would not be a bad idea to pull the jet pump to check the wear ring, impeller, and to be sure the bearings and grease look good.

where are you in Ohio?

an oil change is never a waste of money. it should be changed at least once every season regardless of hours.

I'd say change oil, filter, spark plugs, make sure coolant looks good and is full and go ride it. Odds are it will be fine but this first ride will probably tell you everything you need to know.

They really should be winterized if you want them to last a long time but you probably know that.

I am near cleveland ohio right by lake erie.

is there any video tutorials on how to remove/check pump jet?

Just in case you've missed this part....
only maintenance ever done on it was oil and filter changes
if this is true....you are way past due for a full sc rebuild. Do as you will.

The pump is easily removed...a few nuts and bolts...one spring...allen wrench, sockets, pliers/channel locks...flat screw driver...rubber mallet if you got one( to tap the cone off the pump). A prop removal tool is handy...but not necessary for grease replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back