Need help ? Advice asap !

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarp6

Okay Guys so Basically I need some advice on a purchase I am close to making. It is a 96 Waveblaster 2 with the riva kit on it. It also comes with brand new unopened Protec Intake Grate, Riva Primer Kit, and a R&D Ride Plate. The other Waverunner is a 95 Yamaha Waverunner 3. The internals are unknown, However it has the riva head kit on it with the 44mm carb and the Riva Red Pipe. I compression tested the Waverunner 3 and both the front and rear Cylinder have 182 lbs in each exactly. This makes me believe it has work inside done. The sale also comes with a 97 Sea lion Trailer in decent condition with a newer Tool box. he Wants $800 for everything, after me talking him down.

HERE is the BAD. The WAVEBLASTER 2 is reading 130 psi in the front cylinder and 95 in the rear. I know it needs to be rebuilt, hense they both havent been turned over in almost 2 years. What I am thinking is that Yeah I know i Can switch the motors ect ect....but how much do you think I am looking at to rebuild the WB2 ? I am pretty handy and can do a decent ammount of work myself, however I never rebuilt a ski with pistons and rings and cylinders.

Does anyone think this is a Good DEAL ? any advice or tech help or anything would be glady accepted, Thanks !

you're looking at about 300-450 for a top end kit. its not that hard. find yourself a shop manual and follow it. at 800, i'd take the gamble. worst comes to worst you can part out all the aftermarket parts and make a little money. the thing to remember about ski with a bunch of aftermarket stuff is you've got to read up on everything and see how it works together, since you can not relay on stock settings. also, rarely ever does someone drop a bunch of money on proformance parts to go "putting" around the lake, they do it to RIDE the mechines hard.

Buy it and sell me the parts for the WB2. Please?

I know the WB has the 760 but I think the WR might only have the 701. If this is the case not all parts are interchangable.

This is called SEADOO forum if you forgot to check...

Yes I know that, but I can guarantee you there is guys on here with a different model ski like myself who happens to own 2. Maybe you should get a life if the thread doesn't apply to you.

And Loudoo sorry pal, I was going to post it in the General Discussion.

It's O.K., I did a little editing so this doesn't get out of hand.

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy it and sell me the parts for the WB2. Please?

I know the WB has the 760 but I think the WR might only have the 701. If this is the case not all parts are interchangable.

It's actually got the 650cc single carb in it which bolts up completely with the WB-2. As for the 701 I am not to sure. I might interchange the motors from the 3 to the Wb2, however the 3 is def worked with 182psi each cylinder. I have no idea what's on the inside and neither does the seller that's the problem. I only can notice the parts because I am familiar with them.

The Wave Blaster 2 Will have the Twin carb 760. I have the green 1997 one. The Wave Runner 3 was the one that I thought might have the 701. THe Blaster 2 could use more power stock so I would not consider installing anything smaller than the 760, Yamaha should have installed the powervalve 800 in it from the start.

The Wave Blaster 2 Will have the Twin carb 760. I have the green 1997 one. The Wave Runner 3 was the one that I thought might have the 701. THe Blaster 2 could use more power stock so I would not consider installing anything smaller than the 760, Yamaha should have installed the powervalve 800 in it from the start.

I know the WB2 has the 760, however the 3 has a worked 650 with all the riva upgrades and that compression......I guarantee its strong and would keep up if not put that 760 to shame considering there's a big big weight difference comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back