Need Help 1996 GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomr

Hope to get some help here. I have a 1996 GTX , when I put the lanyard on I get no beeps. I can press the starter button 5 times and I will get one short and one long beep then put the lanyard on and press the button and get nothing. The information guage lights up and shows info for about 30 seconds. I have checked the 3 fuses and have jumped the solenoid and motor turns over fine. So battery is charged well.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Tom

Probably a bad lanyard post. Seems like the MPEM doesn't realize that you have installed the key.

DAWG

Clean inside the lanyard with a plastic pot scrubber, the post also - should get 2 beeps but if you ignore it 30 seconds or more everything shuts off to save battery power. Is this the lanyard that belongs to this ski?

Yes it is the lanyard that came with it I also have another one and it does the same thing. I did the continuity check today and it is open between the black and black,yellow wires with or without the lanyard on. I am assuming it is the post.

you may just need a new lanyard... or a good clean
"one long beep":

-bad connection between lanyard cap and switch
-unprogrammed or deffective lanyard
-salt water in lanyard cap

last but not least

-improper opperation of MPEM or deffictive wiring harness

hope this helps... straight outta tha book homie!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back