Need Advice!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RollieA

I have a 96 speedster. My oil level sensor is a little loose and oil leaks from their. What would you recomend to do. I put electrical tape but it still a little loose should I add more or where can I purchase it.

The dump people I bought this boat off last year told thats how they would put the oil by removing the sensor which I'm sure that why it's loose. They didn't where to put it from. lol

possible that they "wore" out the opening for the sensor. you can run some silicone around it, after you've wiped it clean.

They knew....

No, they probably knew where to put it in. They just knew it leaked and was pawing it off on you!.......

If your talking about part #23, then you will probably have to oil free the unit before applying any type of fix. Once it's completly free of oil, you could probably get it to seal again, maybe with an adhesive if needed, like a Permatex compond that is oil and fuel resistant...........:cheers:

No, they probably knew where to put it in. They just knew it leaked and was pawing it off on you!.......

If your talking about part #23, then you will probably have to oil free the unit before applying any type of fix. Once it's completly free of oil, you could probably get it to seal again, maybe with an adhesive if needed, like a Permatex compond that is oil and fuel resistant...........:cheers:

Yes its part 23.

Thanks Guys

Would anybody know what the part # is for this?

Thank You

You don't need the part number per-say just click on the underlined part #23 and it will take you to a Seadoo OEM site where you can order. Basically if you don't want to order from them, almost all the Seadoo boat OEM sites are the same and give you a choice of part types i.e. engine compartment etc. The site below for instance, just put in your boat type and year it will guide you to the part. I have the same boat as you and have a similar issue. I was just going silicon the part like the other guy suggested. I can't seal mine totally bacause the previous owner put in a giant battery instead of the two battery system. Great for the battery power crappy to get out of the engine compartment.

http://216.37.204.206/alljet/Seadoo_oem/Seadoo_JB.asp

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back