Need advice on purhase of Islandia

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wirenutz

I am looking to purchase a used Islandia. Locally I have found a 2000, and a 2002. We plan to use in the back bays of the NJ coast. Mostly Barnagat Bay. We like the boat because of the capacity and ammenities. Have not found anything else like it. It looks like both vessels have the same power plant. 240EFI M2. Any reason to avoid either of these?

Here are my questions:

1. What are the major issues to be aware of when looking at these vessels?

2. How well do they perform with a large load? I will be mostly operating with about 800lbs, but ocasionally 1400lbs of people and gear. We hope to be able to tube in either weight load.

3. Is the engine management Mercury or Sea Doo? I have heard it is a Merc motor with Sea Doo management. True??

Thanks in advance. Any other information vital to purchasing would be great..

Thanks,

Lee

The engine is great but you may sometimes have trouble getting people to work on it since the seafood people don't know mercury and mercury people don't like to work on seadoos. It is just an outboard mounted inside so I don't know the fuss.

Anyway I don't have a island is (I wish I did but it's too big for me to tow) so I don't know the answers you a looking for but there are a ton on this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back