Need advice on loading boat on trailer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
install a 1in/2in raise block,.. stud, I'd rather have a bigger fender wells, then boat bounc'n off the axle....

Last edited by a moderator:
install a 1in/2in raise block,.. stud, I'd rather have a bigger fender wells, then boat bounc'n off the axle....

I can just put the axle on the bottom of the leafs and raise it about 2" or so. Like I said though, then I am worried about the angle of the trailer not being as steep and then hitting the rear beam. Then again, I can always pad that one.

angle shouldn't be affected, your just flip'n the axle. If the axle tube is a deep c-channel metal, then drill couple holes, for water to drain.
unbolt the center leaf bolt, and install the opposite way, for axle to realign...

Called Karavan and was given the name of who I should speak with there- I've left two voice mails and have not heard back yet- ARRRGGHH! I called SeaDoo's customer service and they recommended taking it to the dealer and seeing what can be done. I know I can get the trailer set up to work, I'm just worried about the damage to the boat, a couple of the chips are well into the fiberglass. They said it hsould be a warranty issue and the dealer should cover it- yeah right, we'll see how that goes lol.

good luck, chief....hope all works out,....hard to believe, your the only casualty so far. Have you tried google'n it..etc, see if anythings out there?

good luck, chief....hope all works out,....hard to believe, your the only casualty so far. Have you tried google'n it..etc, see if anythings out there?

Yup, haven't found any other issues. I wonder if it is the angle of the ramp I use is just right to screw it up on me :(. I don't know, sucks.. I don't even want to take the boat back out because it happens every time:(.

This is what you do, launch the boat, and have with you (2) 4x4x8 woods, with cordless, cut slight angle length ways, but still have 4in clearance, and mount those darn things. That will giv-yah the clearance for now...get'n the water.....just put new runners=bunks(dont laugh Louis) on trailer other day, used sawsall to cut rusted bolts, then already had bunks made, everybody, look'n at my, scratch'n there heads, but f-them, my trailer fixed....

I went out today, first time since this thread was started, and I found that if I put the trailer all the way in to get the bunks wet (thanks Seadoosnipe:cheers:), then pull the trailer all the way back out of the water so that my fenders are dry, and only the first 1/3 of the bunk is in the water, then the boat hits the bunk, centers itself, and the nose raises so it does not hit the crank frame at the front. So problem is officially solved!!!:hurray::hurray::hurray:

It just takes a little gas to get it up to the front, but that is legal here.

Thanks for the tips, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back