Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

stealthdart

I have bought a Seadoo Speedster 1996 FixerUper. It was in heavy condition. Ive rebuilt one of the engines. The second one works fine. I took out the oil tank. The oil was pouring down right into the cylinder. Imma just mix oil and gas inside the gas tank. Everything works fine. Heres the problem. I see there is a small crack on the side of the boat. Right next to it, there is supposed to be a blower. I looked in the forms and how its supposed to look if there is a blower. There is no blower. It seemed to be stolen or lost. I cant find it anywhere to buy. I could put a small fan in there, but thats some work. I dont really want extra work because i've already spent a $h*t load of time just fixing it. Can anyone post a website or a link where i can buy it. I can go with after market, used or brand new. Thanks, I would really respect this.

The engine compartment ventilation blowers are universal in these boats. I had to replace mine last year as well. They come in 3" and 4" sizes. If I remember correctly, the one in my boat was a 4" - so check your boat before ordering. Here is a link to overtons below, but you can probably find them even cheaper on other websites for right around $25. You can also buy the ventilation hose that lays at the bottom of the engine compartment and vents out to the top of the hull just under the engine compartment hatch if yours is old, missing, etc.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Detmar-Water-Resistant-4-Line-Blower&i=70750&str=blower&merchID=4005

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=4-Ventilation-Hose-per-foot&i=23642&str=blower&merchID=4005

I also read that you removed the oil injection system and are planning to pre-mix. I am not an expert on the 2-strokes but be careful about removing the oil tank and running the engines. I have read that the oil tank actually supplies oil to the bottom of the engines and lubricates some of the crank gears. No oil tank means that those crank gears are not lubricated and could blow up your motor. I'm sure someone with more experience with the pre-mix will chime in, but you should spend some time searching the forums about this before you risk blowing up your engines. Just thought I would mention this in case you were not aware.

Anyway, I hope this helps. Good luck and happy boating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back