My Speedster 1998 performance project

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

haqbany

My Speedster 1998 high performance project

Hi to all the aspiring “Speedster” fanatics! I have some awesome news. My 1998, Speedster is almost complete! I have waited many months and spent countless hours, cleaning, polishing, scraping and waiting and finally all the pieces of the puzzle are coming together in one beautiful piece of art! “SPLIT-SECOND”....
I have decided to change the name of my boat from “Sea doo Speedster”, to Split-Second, because the original decals cost almost as much as the new engines do! Lol!
And, it’s just cooler.

Here is a list of what I have done:

Exterior paint job - Changed the colour from white and red, to black and white. After I have replaced the engines and finished all the work I have to do, I am having the exterior covered in a waterproof sticker, specifically designed for my boat and looks like carbon fibre. The back hatch will be half shine silver. It comes from a company called DRIVER www.driver-bh.com and has a 5 year warranty on in-water use. Brilliant!

Interior - I found an amazing local upholsterer who covered my seats (see pictures) in a water proof beige genuine leather, after I made fibre glass mould supports for the back seats. Turner out really well! He also made me some cool dust covers for my seats and arm rests, with a full boat cover to deflect the sun.

Engines - Twin 787 Carburetor
4 x High Performance carburetors with racing filters - Outerwears
2 x ADAracing heads, perfect to cool high temperatures with high compression
2 x MSD ignition with MSD spark plug cables
4 x Iridium laser spark plugs
4 x Wiseco racing, high performance pistons (light weight) 0.50mm oversize
2 x Full overhaul gasket sets and kits
2 x Hotrods crankshafts (complete)
2 x Starters (High torque)
2 x Tiny Tach Tachometers
6 x Engine mounts
2 x New oil pumps
Complete fuel line hosing
Complete oil line hosing
Complete wiring redone
Factory Manufacturers Gray overheat paint (<1400F)
2 x Solas stainless steel performance impellers
New fly wheel

I have cleaned and brushed all the engine parts to repaint with the overheat paint. Also, I have changed all the bearings, seals and gaskets, from front to back.

The only thing I couldn’t find, was the racing exhaust for this model. Sad, but true!
I don’t really want to use anything used.

I have put a few pics of all my parts and I will post some more pics as I put it all back together!
I highly recommend Atlantic Jet Sport www.atlanticjetsport.com for anything you need. They sell almost everything and really know their stuff!

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 91
Last edited by a moderator:
Lookin good so far. Keep ths pics coming. You arent messin around and I bet you have spent some big bucks. How much is the vinyl (sticker) on the outside gonna cost?

factory overheat paint

New update

i just sprayed my engine 787 after sandblasting , with factory overheat paint
:coolgleam: i think it looks mean, i thought to share this

cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1132.jpg
    IMG_1132.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1136.jpg
    IMG_1136.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Pa.jpg
    Pa.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 41
Lookin good. Wish you were closer, I'd like to hang out and talk shop with ya.since we have the same boat. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back