my seadoo just stopped starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dstorti3

i have a 96 seadoo that just quit starting only thing i get with a full battery is my relay inside the box in front of the battery just clicks

alright first, Is the battery fairly new and holds a charge? It may not have enough cranking amps. Another problem could be the soloniod. Open the box and touch the 2 posts of the solonoid with a screw driver or something to see if the starter turns over. If it does, you need a new soloniod. If it doesnt, try another battery. If that isnt the problem, pull the starter.

ok battery is full and holding charge it is a brand new odessy so i assume its got enough cranking amps because it has started the ski over 20 times no problem i did touch the solenois with the sxccrew driver and nothing happened so i guess i will order a new starter asap

before you do that, CHECK ALL YOUR FUSES AND LINKAGES. make sure the battery leads are clean too and installed correctly. Odds are it is the starter, but make sure you check these before buying a starter

Hey everyone, my 96 Xp doesn't beep when I install kill-switch. Heard you guys talk about fuses. Haven't been to the ski lately but are the fuses easy to get to or are they inside the sealed boxes? thanks for any help. Also, ski has run perfect since 96, so hoping a fuse.

Does it still start? Mine do that once in awhile but doesn't seem to make a difference with anything other than you can't hear it when you plug into the dess. If it bothers you Radio Shack has piezo buzzers that you can replace it with.

It will not start or crank. That's why I'm hoping it could be a fuse blown, but don't see any fuses. Are there fuses inside the sealed boxes? thanks for responding

yes the fuses are in the sealed box. Make sure all of the connectors are all clean and free of rust. If your fuses are all good, take a screwdriver and touch the two posts of the solonoid (big chunky black thing with 2 large wires going to it) and see if the starter turns over. if it does, you're solonoid is bad.

Thanks for the info. One last question. Are fuses in the front gray sealed box or the rear black one that has the coil? Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back