My 07 rxt giving a single beep as accelerating

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rrm1387

My first time out this year. Put the key in got two beeps and the dash said 12v low. As i accerlerated i get a beep . It runs fine and sounds good. I replaced the battery ,changed the plugs and oil. I am not getting any other lights or warning just an occasional beep. I checked the oil and it was at the top of the oil range so i removed around a half a quart. I put the battery back on charge and it seems low. Would any of these things cause my beep.

You pretty much answered your own question. The charge system isnt working. Check volts while running. I just replaced my regulator about a month ago for the same issue. You want 13.5+ at idle

Just wanted to update my finding. I charged my battery and was showing around 12.89 volts. I started the ski and the volts dropped to around 12.45. So I guess the regulator isn't working?

You could assume so.
The 3 yellow wires going to the reg/rec.
Put yor voltmeter on AC and test for voltage.
From memory it should be about 60v AC at about 3000rpm.

If its around that 60v mark. then replace regulator

of course my problems are never that easy. I put in a new rectifier and there was no change. As I increased the rpms there was no change in the meter.

I will test the 3 yellow wires today. I read a post that suggests I should test it where it plugs in by the oil filter and also where it plugs into the rectifier? For the stator I basically have to remove the back half of the ski? What kind of volts am I looking for?

As i said above. Something like 60v AC at 3000rpm.
And like 20v AC at idle.
Just test it where ever.
I just used the multimeter probes to stab holes in the wires. Then taped up

I just tested it at the back had around 22 or 23 at idle. I also tested it by the rectifier. The diode test of the old rectifier had nothing. I tested the new rectifier and it showed numbers on all points. there is relay at the fuse block tyco relay part #VJ28-95F74-S01. Does that effect the charging system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still not charging i purchased a seadoo rectifier thinking after market no good . The dcv volt meter does not move dropes to 12.3 and stays there . Any ideas

I could not figure out where the d/c current was going. So I ended up bringing it to a mechanic I use. It turned out there was resistance in the fuse block .He ran two new wires to the fuse block and that fixed it . I narrowed it down that a/c current was making it to the rectifier but not to the fuse block as d/c.

RMR1387,

I'm having the same exact issue..I just bought rectifier and install it..but same thing. Where is the FUSE BLOCK? Do you have any picture? THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

He added two hot wires to the battery and charging relay because he said there was resistance . pictured is a black tube running to the bottom of the fuse block

Attachments

• 07 rxt wire.JPG
    07 rxt wire.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back