Multi use tools

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Sink

Do you use things to work on your Seadoo that were meant for something else? I use a turkey baster to winterize my boat and SeaDooLou brought up using the bulb from sucking a babies nose to fill the oil on the pump (which I use for battery maintanence). I also use hemostats to pinch hoses along with other uses I had for them when I was younger... :willy_nilly: Anyone else have a new tool they got from the kitchen/bathroom/surgical supplies that they now use differently?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this counts. I have been known to use the dishwasher for cleaning parts, of course my wife doesn't know.

For instance, when I rebuilt the pump from my 96GTI last year, I ran it through the "pot scrubber" cycle, came out like new.

Oh, if you try this at home, there are two rules, do it when your wife is not home, and don't use detergent, water only.

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
LOU - you dog you....great idea. Better than power washing????

Also when I was a bit younger I was a "hot-shot" bowler. I paid attention to the amount of oil on the lanes and also on the bowling balls that I used. One way to get the oil out of the ball was to heat it....so I stuck them in the oven at around 150 degrees for about 10 minutes and the oil just rolled off them.

I'm sure a lot of guys did this trick......heat a pot of boiling water to check a thermostat.

Back