Moving forward.. Mobile users please check in.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

hfgreg

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hey guys,

Many of you use Tapatalk to access the forum. Problem is there isn't much creative control that we have over the application. We are looking at changing services to Forum Runner. A similar app to Tapatalk but much more versatile. We are currently testing the software over at our sister site www.skidooforums.com

So my question to you guys is this: Have any of you ever used Forum Runner, and if we did install it would you use it?

No, and No. I'm an IT Director at an automobile dealership. So I have access to a computer at work and at home. I do have a smart phone, but I use it pretty much as a phone. So even if I could access the forum from my phone I probably wouldn't. It's just too cumbersome. And I have never really mastered the phone keyboard thing.

Lou

I just hit cancel for the taptalk and actually like full version to move around site

Just out of curiosity, what type of creative control are you looking for?

I use Tapatalk on my Galaxy phone and Galaxy tab and I frequent between 4 to 5 forums weekly (some some daily) ;) Just about every time I'm searching for something online and I hit a forum it always comes up with Tapatalk app notification, I don't ever recall having seen another forum app. I can customize Tapatalk to my want/needs IF I want to, there are no ads or anything like that. I mostly use it while I'm on the road at lunch, at a customers waiting, have a spare minute, stuck in traffic. I also love it for the notifications from all the forums I'm favorited into and keep me up to date on subscribed threads and new PM's. The other cool thing about Tapatalk is if you use Google Chrome you can get a Tapatalk extension and it will get the notifications from your PM's and Fave's. I checked out FR and I get the same from Tapatalk to be honest. I also run only on Android, but the FR is missing three things for Android--all three of I could care less about. Two of the biggest forums I'm on are Dootalk.com and VWVortex.com. Dootalk has just over 100K registered users and Vortex has over 715K, both use Tapatalk, I'm not saying to get in line like sheep (a quick jab at the iPhone:D), but I look at all the users--now I also understand that not all those users use Tapatalk too but if there was a revolt the masses would be griping.

For those who use the full site--way too clunky for everyday use you need to give Tapatalk a good test drive, once you get use to it it's a snap. I will note on certain posts I view, some pics need to be downloaded which I assume is a function of how they were uploaded to a forum?

Just my 2 pennies, glad to bounce anything else around.

Yup I freakin love tapatalk...in conjunction with the keyboard program that remembers everything I hardly have to type any more.

I hope you leave it...Im willing to try the other one but please leave tapatalk.

Back