More power for my 1998 GTI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rpellerin87

Hi I'm new to this site and a fairly new Seadoo owner. I love my 98 GTI, it is quick, but I wish it was quicker. If anyone knows any way to gain more power for this model I would really appreciate the advise. Thanks!

Welcome!...

Welcome to the forum. You've made a wise choice in the Sea-Doo's. They are one of the worlds leading PWC's in use today.
I don't know what to tell you about making your Doo faster. Unless you want to start a mod, if not, then you should find happiness in what you have. The reason I say that is because, like everything else, when you first ride it, you think "wow, this thing is fast", but after riding a while, you feel it isn't as fast as it once was. This is normal. Once you start making changes to the OEM configuration you will, at some point, start running into a finanicial nightmare.
With the age of your Doo, it's possible your wearing ring is a little out of spec or your impellor has some nicks and dings. Or if your not reaching max RPM, you can fix that too. These are the only things I can think of that you need to look at before you start doing any other modifications to your craft. There are aftermarket impellors you can buy that will make you go faster but remember this, to go faster in the top end, you'll lose the hole shot in the bottom end..........:cheers:

My Seadoo GSX today would not reach max RPM's
once it hit about 6000 it would fall to 5000 and repeated this several times so i brought it in to have a look at it
what might my problem be and what should i check?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back