Merry Christmas Giveaway Thread!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

hfgreg

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Merry-Christmas-Happy-Holidays-570x360.jpg

OK guys! The giveaway starts now! We will be giving multiple shirts / stickers away but will be giving a $50 gift card to one random entry.

So what do you have to do to enter?? Simple. You just share either:

1) Your favorite holiday memory.
2) The memory of your first time riding a jetski/sport boat.

First time riding a jetski was when I was in the Navy stationed in Florida. My buddy and I rented one each for like 30 minutes. Right then and there I knew I had to have one! It took me awhile before I was able to get one of my own and by that time I needed something bigger to take the whole family so I got the jet boat.

So I was looking for a cheap mechanical project and a neighbor was restoring a Yamaha ski. I thought that would be cool, so I found this forum and asked a few questions. Next thing I knew, I had two skis that I rebuilt over the winter and on the Friday before Memorial day weekend that year my wife and I went to the lake. The funny thing was, I had two restored skis, and I had never even sat on one in the water! So we backed in at the ramp (after watching videos) and started the ski trip of a lifetime! Several skis later, and a bunch of posts, we just bought a lake house to store them.... So these cheap skis have cost me a small fortune, and provided my family with a lifetime of wonderful memories (in the past and for the future). Merry Christmas to all and a wish for warm glassy water to all in the Spring!

FIrst time riding a jetski I was 15 on Lake Nacimento and we rented two brand new 1991 650SX's. It was one of the most fun times that I ever had. Yes, they would rent skis to 15 year olds back then as long as a parent filled out the paperwork. After about 10 minutes I was hooked and have been ever since.

Payed $100 for a Seadoo Gtx 1995 in 2001
Engine and jet pump was striped down and thrown in a box
Reassemble it using just a parts catalog and had fun fir about two years until the crankshaft center seals deteriorated so bad it just bogged down

This was my first ski I learn to ride. One day we had my wife her friend and my daughter on it and was still floating , total weight around 200 kgs
Went on to fix it up and sell it to upgrade to a XP97

First time riding a PWC was 4th of July weekend on Harding Lake in 1988.

The local DOO dealer had just gotten in two 1988 Sea-Doos and they were letting people demo ride one of them (the other got stolen). I took to it like a fish to water.

Summers are short up here, hot days are rare but for the first time in my life I was playing on the water. I had never been water skiing, tubing, in a lake boat or anything other than a sled, in the cold, on the frozen water. It wasn't just a "first" ride, it was an entirely new world of realizing motorized fun crossed over onto the water when it was liquid.

The money wasn't there to buy one, but I was hooked. Two years later I went to work for the same dealer, as a mechanic, and spent the next 4 summers working on Sea-Doos and loving every minute of it.

Man, I think I've been riding jet skis for as long as I've been around. I'm only 18, so not too long! The farthest back I can remember is riding with my mom on our 96 GSX down the river at Laughlin NV. I think I was like 4 or 5, but once we hit our first wave something changed inside me forever. I've been a jet-ski fanatic ever since, and I'm currently trying to get a 96 XP of my very own to play and throw around at the lake!

My first time riding a jet ski was this Summer 2k19, my mate had just bought one, a Yamaha Gp800r. And all I can say was he didn't get 10 minutes on it. We were riding out of my home town around mid west Wales and it was perfect sea conditions, enough chop to have some fun, but good enough to be getting high speed! I loved it and that's what made me buy my own!

Last edited:
The first time I ever rode a PWC, was a senior skip day 1994.. a little SP. There were about 20 of us, drunk as balls, taking turns flogging on this poor ski all day long. Surprisingly, there was only one trip to the hospital that day out of the whole group.

First time riding a ski, was on vacation in Florida ( moved here 30 years ago) . My girlfriends uncle took me and told me tell them I rode before so I wouldn't get the big float attachment ( it was the 1st jet ski stand up type) . It was a blast but every time I wanted to turn around, i had to fall off and point it where i wanted to go. Been here since 1989 and still think about that day here and there ...

First time riding a ski, was on vacation in Florida ( moved here 30 years ago) . My girlfriends uncle took me and told me tell them I rode before so I wouldn't get the big float attachment ( it was the 1st jet ski stand up type) . It was a blast but every time I wanted to turn around, i had to fall off and point it where i wanted to go. Been here since 1989 and still think about that day here and there ...

Don't tell me it was "The Wedge"...
wedge.jpg

My addiction manifested it self in 1977. Still riding after all these years but now I do sit down. Wish I had all the money I’d put into that (long gone) 440. That Kawasaki was fun while it lasted, it would out run a stock 650. Like I said sitting down now. Merry Christmas to all.

Attachments

• BAFD8BD0-FD3F-4F77-B30D-C0B922EBDA15.jpeg
    BAFD8BD0-FD3F-4F77-B30D-C0B922EBDA15.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • A52BFDD3-5024-43E1-B8DE-0EBB5FADB965.jpeg
    A52BFDD3-5024-43E1-B8DE-0EBB5FADB965.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • 7314284F-7985-4356-8D5E-0807A0DC91EB.jpeg
    7314284F-7985-4356-8D5E-0807A0DC91EB.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
Fav holiday memory would be chillin at home just me wife and dogs and maybe having some family come by, something lowkey.
First time riding was a blast, after riding motorcycles my whole life getting on a jet ski is like a motorcyclee on the water. love the maneuverability compared to a boat. and they are a blast with other PWC riders too!

My favorite holiday memory is seeing my kids waiting on the steps to open presents, then enjoying the rest of the day with them!
First time riding my own seadoo was last summer. Unbelievable fun. Can't want to get it running again!
Ken

Wow! Thanks!

It's been -10 to -40F for six weeks straight up here so I haven't ridden in a while...... As soon as it gets +25 I'm throwing the XP onto any open water I can find and get a first ride for 2020 in. Everbody ride safe and if you get a trip to Fairbanks, in the summer, PM me and I'll get you out on the water for a ride!

Back