Pictorial On how to buff your faded nasty hull

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have mentioned that the pad would fling some fuzz for a lil bit. After a couple minutes it shouldnt do that anymore. I never clean out the pad, the build up of the compound never affected anything, but if it bothers you, you can do what is called raking it. I use and edger blade but i guess you can use a flathead screw driver or something flat and hard. Turn on the drill at a medium pace with the pad on it, take the edger blade or whatever you find to use and run the edge against the pad this is a dirty process but it will loosen up anything on the pad.

Great write up ive got all decals and mats off just ready to start buffing. Was wondering if you have ever buffed a snowboard with this process. I figured im going to have a lot of extra compound ive got it waxed and sharpened but the top looks like crap from having stickers on it. Thanks

Never buffed a snowboard before. I hate snow, probably because when it snows i work. Last week we got a 9 inch snowfall, I was out for 23 hours straight. I hate hate hate snow. Did I mention I hate snow.

if my hull is black... its faded from the sun, its got like a white fade to it a little bit everywhere. as well as where the original hull decals where it looks brand new so i have like 6 boxes of un faded hull, is it easy to bring it back to a regular look, and for the plastic that surrounds the seat, is faded, can that be fixed? this is a 2005 green and black rxp

Definitely using the techniques on your thread to make the hull sparkle on the old seadoo XP's. I've decided the handlebar cover and pad is going on the 96 not the 95. I'm still having trouble trying to get it on right. Might end up throwing on a brace and pad instead because it's easier. Your seadoos always come out really nice and if i can get my ski to look 1/2 as nice as yours I'll be a happy camper. Decals are being a pain and cracking when I pull them off.

I am doing this process on my 96xp at the moment.

Since these compounds get less aggressive with use, would it be possible to skip some compounds and end up with a finer compound just by using it longer?

How and what kind of paint did you use to repaint the bump guards? Mine are a little faded, and wouldn't mind redoing them on my gsx.

I removed all the trim, drilled out all the rivets, cleaned the trim with lacquer thinner and used Krylon Fusion Satin Black. Now, if your trim is already the color you want it, I would neatly fold a paper towel up and load it with lacquer thinner and wipe the trim down, you'll notice the trim will kinda gel, it's hard to explain but that is when it gets to the good stuff, just keep wiping and switch to a cleaner part of the rag(this is where folding it neatly pays off). The trim on my HX was faded purple, when I wiped it down with the LT I could have sold it as new trim it looked that good. So all the purple trim on the HX was transformed. The fusion works so nice, when I had the front bumper off I sprayed it, let it dry like 2 days and I twisted it almost 180 degrees, it's amazing. Remember, I removed all the trim I was originally going to tape the entire ski off but instead bought a box of rivets for like $15 shipped. It's a lot of work drilling out the rivet heads the carefully removing the remaining shank of the rivet but since mine was purple it would have driven me nuts to see any portion of purple. [MENTION=51350]Jetskigoodies[/MENTION] has another method, perhaps he'll chime in later.

340.jpg

341.jpg

529.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back