Merc M2 jet troubles!!! Challanger 1800

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rossman

Just bought this 2001 Challenger 1800 w/ M2 jet. I started and throttled up, ran fine at the previous owner’s house. I put it in the water, it started and ran Smokey at idle wile I went to park the trailer. About 5 mins till I got back to wife in boat and she said it just died. I restarted it and shifted in to forward, it died... I did that several times, each time it took longer to start. Eventually I burnt out the starter solenoid. Being a Ford Mustang guy, I knew how to manually jump the solenoid. It started several more times. Some how I even got it to start while in gear froward and reverse. Soon after the battery was dead, I had to pull it to the launch and go home. Next day I started it again for 30 seconds or so. Since then I can not get it to start at all... I have spark at the plugs. Fuel after the pump and water separator. The plugs seem wet. I checked the key switch, kill switch and even the neutral safety switch on the shift lever. They are all fine. Not sure how to check injectors or oil mix pump??? I was told it ran fine the last time it was used 2 years ago.... I just ordered a shop manual for the engine. I have never worked on 2 strokes before. Any help would be great. I think I am missing some thing simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back