MAINT & OIL Warning Coming on @ 200 Hours - Can't Accelerate

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunMcD

I have a 2008 Sea-doo Speedster (155hp - V-Tec Engine). Yesterday I reached 200 Hours of running time. Coincidentally an "alarm/beeping" started & the MAINT Code displayed - "also the word "OIL" appeared on the display & I could NOT Accelerate. - The Engine started to shut-down & I could only travel in Safety Mode (slow). I pulled into a Marina & put a quart of 10W-40 Synthetic in. The Oil level appeared to be fine. So, I proceeded to boat but could NOT accelerate without the MAINT Warning & OIL appearing on the dash board screen. And again, I could NOT accelerate. At that point I hauled it out of the water. Could this be an Error Code (or) does something have to be reset ? (or) Could the OIL Sensor(s) need to be replaced ??? I was confused as the Motor started to shut-down ??? Any help would be appreciated

You need to perform oil change and reset the maintenance meter. You can find instructions online. Same thing happened on my boat.

You need to perform oil change and reset the maintenance meter. You can find instructions online. Same thing happened on my boat.
Thanks Darryl
I currently have it with our Mechanic/Friend - I will pass this on to him
Just to clarify, would your Sea-Doo only operate in SAFETY Mode & start to Shut-Down if you accelerated ?

Was there any feature like this on the 2004 4-TEC? If so, any way to reset it?
I get an intermittent OIL light/buzzer and it runs rough sometimes. Oil level is good, only about 5 hours on the oil change. Any other ideas that could cause this behavior?

I get the same thing sometimes only on one motor on my 04 4-tec.
Oil light and buzzer... I turn it off for a min or so and turn it back on and runs fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back