low top speed and slightly lower rpm seadoo gsx 787

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigredram87

Ok so I may have come up with a good reason to start documenting when I do work to my ski..... I have been struggling this entire season to figure out why I keep losing to my friends 98 720 with my 97 787. I always felt like my ski used to pull much harder at top speed . After countless hours tearing stuff apart and researching I think I may have found the really dumb reason my ski is struggling top end. My ski right now tops out at around 6600 rpm a few years ago it was a few hundred faster (compression perfect) also my top speed is about 50mph with a top loader intake grate, also few years ago gps speed 57 mph. (Had baby last year didn't run much). Today I took my impeller housing out to verify I had the correct impeller (changed also a few years ago) and it's a 17/25 , not the 15/23 Solas chart recommends. Do you guys think having slightly the wrong pitch along with the top loader could be the cause of my annoying 7mph loss. Btw it's a Solas sd-cd-17/25 on a 97 seadoo gsx

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that prop is too tall. Stock would be better. The scoop grate probably robs a little but your main problem is being over pitched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back