Loud beeping

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasley

I have a 2005 sportser Lx sea doo boat. When we took it out. After about 15 mins it started making a loud beeping nosie. I took it to a sea Doo dealer and they said they needed to put it on the computor to see what the problem was. Today they called and said they couldnt get the computor to diagnose the problem. They said its not communicating with the computer. Anyone have any ideas

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming you mean a sportster LE. It may be an overheating alarm. This is just a guess but only takes 10 minutes so worth trying. Remove the water pressure regulator and totally disassemble it and clean. It may be blocked.

Hey big jake thankyou for your answer we are two women who wanted to get this boat and we have no idea. We took it to two seadoo dealers and they both said that they cant get a diagnosed reading because its not communicating with the software. Its a sporster LE Di 2005

You need to find better dealers. They need to use the pre 2006 BUDS software version and set the protocol to DI. The newer version won't read it and it won't auto find the protocol.
As for the beeping, I need more info. What speed were you going? How long was the beep? Were you in shallow water? Did it stall/ run bad? What happened when you shut it off? Did it restart normally? Did it go into limp mode? How long until it beeped again? Long beeps could be low fuel, over heating, or a few others but normally aren't serious issues.

We took the boat out after about 10 mins if it being in idle it started with a short beep then it got longer and louder. We weren't in shallow water. So we turned it off it starts up great but after ten mins the beep starts again and the engine light come on. Its still at the dealers. They said they have been intouch with the see doo ppl and they have sent them a diagnostic list of how to check it. Without putting it on the computor. Thank you for helping us we are going to mention the BUDS see what they say. There are only two dealers here and the other one said they wouldnt touch it because its to complicate. So we are at the other dealers murcy

A very common failure is the voltage regulator on the DI motor. It is a simple change and could be your problem.

Ok so the boat dealer says they found the problem they said its an OBS lever sensor. But the no longer do that part does anyone know where i could get that part i have the number 204560266. And would that make the check engine light come on

No clue what a OBS sensor is but the part number is for the fuel level sensor.

Minnetonka4me might be able to hook you up with a good used one.

Thankyou for all your help guys. We have ordered the part hopefully we will get a chance to go on this boat its been in the dealers for 4 months. We have only been on it once. I hope he problem will be fixed. Thanks i appreciate it

Thankyou for all your help guys. We have ordered the part hopefully we will get a chance to go on this boat its been in the dealers for 4 months. We have only been on it once. I hope he problem will be fixed. Thanks i appreciate it
Ok so we ordered rhe part and the dealer says its not the part now they say we need a MPEM. which i think is the main computor on the boat. So now they say its hard to get this part. Can anyone help or should we just bin this boat as a learning lesson not to trust ppl

Like I said before, you need a new dealer. It is obvious that they are clueless and the part they ordered has nothing to do with your problem. This is the first you mentioned the check engine light was on. For us to help, you have to supply us with very detailed information which the check engine light is important. How long is the beep? Is it a series of beeps? How often do you hear it? Does it stall? Does run at limited power(called limp mode)? Does it restart easily? Does it run perfectly the first 10 minutes every time when cold or when the key is removed and replaced and does the check engine light go off?

I am a DI expert and have fixed/rebuilt tons of your exact motor in your exact boat. It is unlikely that your MPEM is bad. It is much more likely that your dealer has no clue what they are doing. I still think it may be a voltage regulator problem which is a simple and cheap 5 minute fix.

I will be in Tampa next week, where are you located? I am looking for PWCs and Boats to be used in a photo shoot on the beach for SandShark Anchors on Monday Feb 19 in the Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete area. People willing to help us will receive a $150 or $200 anchor for free. PM if interested for more details.

Like I said before, you need a new dealer. It is obvious that they are clueless and the part they ordered has nothing to do with your problem. This is the first you mentioned the check engine light was on. For us to help, you have to supply us with very detailed information which the check engine light is important. How long is the beep? Is it a series of beeps? How often do you hear it? Does it stall? Does run at limited power(called limp mode)? Does it restart easily? Does it run perfectly the first 10 minutes every time when cold or when the key is removed and replaced and does the check engine light go off?

I am a DI expert and have fixed/rebuilt tons of your exact motor in your exact boat. It is unlikely that your MPEM is bad. It is much more likely that your dealer has no clue what they are doing. I still think it may be a voltage regulator problem which is a simple and cheap 5 minute fix.

I will be in Tampa next week, where are you located? I am looking for PWCs and Boats to be used in a photo shoot on the beach for SandShark Anchors on Monday Feb 19 in the Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete area. People willing to help us will receive a $150 or $200 anchor for free. PM if interested for more details.
Hi Thankyou for getting back to me i really do appreciate it.Is there a possibility that we could talk on the phone. I just dont know where to start with this boat.

I'm not sure how the Sportster is, but I know my Challenger of similar vintage had red LED lights it would illuminate to indicate the source of the problem. It had one for fuel, one for oil, and one for temperature. What do the gauges look like on the sportster and were any red led's lit when the beeping commenced? Also, if you want to try and repeat the condition, once it starts beeping, shut it off, open the engine cover and splash some water on various parts of the motor. If the water hisses or bubbles off, you've definitely got an overheating issue.

I sent you a pm(or conversation, or whatever it is called now with the site update) with my phone number. I've been wanting to start a skype video tech help service and yours may be a good trial run.

Ok, sounds good. I will probably give you a call sometime tomorrow afternoon. When i spoke to the service department on Friday, where the boat is now, they have no answers for me. Thanks for trying to help us out we certainly appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back