loud beep after starting both motors

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danosll

Hi
on my new to me 2006 speedster 200 430hp immediately after starting both motors (in either order) there is a loud long beep, no mil lights come on . is this normal or is the ecu telling me something is wrong. no mention of it in owner or service manual. performance doesn't appear to be where it should. only revving 7500 rpms

thanks everybody

Last edited by a moderator:
a long continuous beep typically means over heating. maybe your water flow is blocked? I think on the newer boats the also do that for oil level too?

its immediately after both motors start. no matter which order they are started or how long you wait to start 2nd engine . as soon as both start running ther is a loud long beep.

where do you guys usually keep your fuel level. mine is generally below 1/2 .(I have to carry gas cans to my boat.) just wondering if that has anything to do with it.my challenger 1800 let out a low beep when fuel was low. every other level is good

For me it is always the depth gauge, always have to push the reset button. I have a Yamaha SX210, 2 x 110hp.

HI all,

Are you saying it beeps one long beep? or are you saying there is a continuous beep the whole time?

HI all,

Are you saying it beeps one long beep? or are you saying there is a continuous beep the whole time?
For me, start first engine I get a beep, hit the depth gauge button, start second engine, the beep is continuous unless I hit the depth gauge button. I am in deep water so not the gauge itself giving me a depth warning. Jim

My boat does the same thing. I am thinking that it may be a lo voltage alarm. When the second engine is started, there is a voltage dip on the currently running engine. When it is dark out, watch the batt. lamp for both engines, it will light up for the running engine. Someone with a candoo pro can check if any codes are stored but I do not think that the fault exists long enough to set a code. It is very annoying.

Is there a diagnostic code on the gauge? Mine was doing the same thing (mentioned in another post) The gauge was showing a 12V message. It was a melted fuse housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back