Looking to buy a 2015 seadoo wakepro 215 good choice or no

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to buy a 2015 Sea-Doo wake Pro 215 don't know anything about it what do you guys think what should I look out for is it reliable can somebody tell me about this

I have a pair of the very similar GTR-215's (2016). They are fun machines with good power. Most times you won't need the top end speed nor could you use it on a busy waterway, but the acceleration is a blast. A little more heavy / stable, so not the machine for those who like to toss the machine around. Rated for 2 person, but kind a large 2-person machine. 3 teenagers can easily fit; or an adult and 2 kids.

In terms of wake sports, towing behind a PWC will be OK for a beginner just learning to get up on a wakeboard or for kids just goofing around, but there is not really a big enough wake to get any serious air. Its also very difficult for the driver to watch the skier / wakeboarder (compared to a wake-boat with a giant mirror), so you will always need a spotter and miss out on the fun of watching.

I think the speed control is standard on the wake-pro version, and that is the main difference you get (in addition the short pole and handles at the back). I added the ski-mode module to my machines and while it gets the job done, its ramp-start feature is more annoying than useful. It is too easy to accidentally not engage the mode, and then the rider gets the nice surprise of a full power pull yanking the rope out of their hands. I think just a straight up speed limiter control like wake boats have would work out a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back