Looking into getting a ski boat

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Again, awesome tips and information. You all are the best and I trust you. Thanks Dr. Honda for giving me stuff to look at. That was a big help. The good news is that there looks to be a good variety and selection out there. I am still in the process of working out storage logistics and our final "must have" list. Now I have to find time to get this done. Spring is crazy busy with the kids.

So I lost some time with my boat search. Too many things happening in spring, but I did go to the GREAT meetup at Lake Norman last weekend. Anyway, looking again. I know that the beginning of the season is not the right time to get great deals, but oh well. So since a boat is a bigger deal than an older 2-stroke ski, we are thinking a little newer would be better. So I found this one http://greensboro.craigslist.org/boa/5601098179.html It has the V6 and is a 2007. Also, it is an 18 ft instead of a 17 which is most of what I see in my price point. So thoughts? Maybe I can get him to come down a little. Maybe $8K? as long as it is clean.

Well I pulled the trigger and got me a boat! A 2006 Bayliner 185 with the 3.0L and sports seating. It was pretty clean and most importantly, the seller was a great guy and very transparent. It was pretty well maintained, never been in salt. I have already started buffing the gelcoat back out to a nice high gloss. So here is a picture of my garages now.... The boat, a 2 ski trailer (with skis) and in the other bay is my GSX also on a trailer. Um, the wife is not that happy. I am looking for place to store the boat now. Thanks for all the input!

Back