Looking for reviews of 2007 RXP 215 Supercharge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dan20014

I am looking at buying a pair of Sea Doo RXP 215 Supercharge jet skies from a private dealer and I am not sure if they are good skies.

I have done some research online but I have yet to find a good review of the skies. How do they run, what issues are people having with them, and what mechanical issues are turning up?!?

They are advertised as under 30 hours, winterized, kept indoors in a climate controlled unit, and well maintained.

Are they going to last me a while and am I going to have issues with them?

Thanks,

Dan

I was looking at something similar when before i made my purchase. The thing with the 07 models is that they still have the ceramic washer for the supercharger. Being that you are in TN, you probably wont be able to test out the ski on the water for sometime, and thats where you will be able to see if there are any performance issues or not. Most of the time, you wont be able to tell if there are any supercharger issues whit it hooked up to a hose. One thing to find out is if there is still a warranty on the ski, if the owner has an extended warranty or not, or if it was purchased within the last year.

As far as reviews go, their shouldnt be too much of a difference between the 07 and previous model year RXP's of the same horsepower. They are fast and nimble ski's. I prefer the 3 seaters myself, almost picked up a pair of RXT's, but my local dealer wouldnt move on the price, so i had to go out of state. Best of luck, sorry if this wasnt much help.

very reliable as long as you address the ceramic washer issue by switching to riva metal washer in the supercharger befor you even start them and by maintain the slip in the washers, I check the slip on mine every 25-30hr's and ajust if needed. I recommend anyone who owns a SC seadoo learn how to check the slip, as the gear and washers wear the slip loosens which will cause more wear and lead to a failuer if not maintained. how goods the deal? theres lots of new 08 left over out there and they have metal washers aswell as an updated charger with better oiling to the clutchs and bearing.

here the rebuild out of the manual to show you how the supercharger works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prices...

I am looking at buying a pair of Sea Doo RXP 215 Supercharge jet skies from a private dealer and I am not sure if they are good skies.

I have done some research online but I have yet to find a good review of the skies. How do they run, what issues are people having with them, and what mechanical issues are turning up?!?

They are advertised as under 30 hours, winterized, kept indoors in a climate controlled unit, and well maintained.

Are they going to last me a while and am I going to have issues with them?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan, I appreciate that you also made this a thread. Thanks for the PM and the thread.

I think you have left a very important piece of the equation out. The price. Tell these guys the asking price and where they are for sale if you want to solicit the best advice.

Our PM is personal so I won't repeat it here without your consent.:cheers:

Post...

I didn't delete your post. I have it on hold for administrators approval, like I told you in PM. Now, you want to come in the forum and make a scene.

I don't think there is anyone in the forum that has a problem with the rules. You've been here a while and know those rules.

When you signed up, you accepted the "terms of use". Hyper links and shop manuals are not allowed without approval.

If the links a problems ill remove it no big deal, and sorry didnt know it was on hold, not tryin to make a scene....

Last edited by a moderator:
Pdf...

Do you still have the PDF file. I didn't want to remove the entire post because I'd lose your file. But, if you have a copy, I can put the post back in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back