Looking at Spark, what advice can you give me?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

powerslave

Those of you that bought one, now after owning it, what would you of done different or looked for? I'm not sure on the 2 up or 3 up. I dont want to mod it out of warranty. What should I be asking my dealer?

You should find a dealer that does NOT charge freight and Dealer preparation because they are out there BUT Many people get stuck paying close to $900 in fees.
Make them stick to list price, Tax and registration and you will do good!
With kids I would get a 3 UP OR 2 2 UPS or a 3 Up and a 2 Up would be best!

I have both a 2up and 3up. if I have to do it over I would make both of them 3up's handling is almost identical on the machines. (my grandson tells me the 3up is a little slicker on sharp turns because of the extra length on the back). 2 main reasons for 3up. You can get 2 adults on the 3up (2up should be called 1.5 up and 3up should be 2.25up :) Second reason is the its easier to get on the 3up in deep water if you are a big guy

As a very big guy, I agree: 3-up is probably the only way I could board in deep water.

I got 2 3-ups with IBR and convenience packages. My only regret was not getting depth finders. I think it would save my wear rings from friends unsure about docking and beaching.

So if I wanted a 3 up with no other options. What should I expect to pay out the door. Only look for a dealer with no fee's, right? What fee is acceptable for a dealer to ask?

My dealer ordered their 3 ups with ibr. They will not remove it for a sale, so if you find one with options that were factory installed you will be on the hook for them. Seadoo.com will get you the base price for a 3 up, that's what my dealer told me they are charging, price is going up next year.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I paid $395 shipping + $70 in dealer fees. It really will depend on the local market. Miami, there are people paying a LOT more in fees. I couldn't find a better deal than I got at the time I ordered (last September). I don't regret paying it, I've loved them.

I bought two 3ups with IBR and convienence package with trailer. Dealer threw in mats for both units.

Out the door including tax was $17,000.00.

Over 30 hours on both and really enjoy riding them. The seat gets a little hard after a few hours so I bought Airhawk2 seat cushions which help for that.
Excellent fuel consumption at 2 gals per hour.
Fun to ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
So my dealer has a 2up ibr and convenience for $7,299 out the door. The spark is $6599 + $700 is fee's...

I own a GTX with the IBR. It is my second ski that my spouse and guests ride. I cannot stress how important the IBR is. I nothing else it gives them neutral and they don't destroy it. I'd buy it at almost any price knowing what I know now.

So my dealer has a 2up ibr and convenience for $7,299 out the door. The spark is $6599 + $700 is fee's...

I would question the $700 fee and try extremely hard not to pay. That said, they are getting hard to find and I hear the 2015 is going up around $500.
The $700 is pure profit for the dealer and if you have cash or prearranged financing you should press for some off.

I got the 2 up, and I'm adding the 3 up extension, of course the 3 up extension will cost me roughly $400 dollars, and it does not make it a legal 3up with certification, but I really don't care, the reason I'm adding the 3 up extension is to make it easier to reboard in deep water and to add buoyancy with another person onboard.

I really love my spark, I have been using it mostly every weekend since February, do not regret it one bit, also you don't need IBR they sell the manual reverse, and since this is such a light ski I haven't needed the IBR system.. My thoughts

I would question the $700 fee and try extremely hard not to pay.

I agree with this. $7,299 for a 2-up sounds high to me. We got our 2 3-ups, both with iBR and convenience packages for $7,199 each, no added fees. Is that unusual?

I agree with this. $7,299 for a 2-up sounds high to me. We got our 2 3-ups, both with iBR and convenience packages for $7,199 each, no added fees. Is that unusual?

Wow you got a great deal!! I paid a little in dealer fees like $500 but that included dmv work, I paid $6653 OTD not 1 dollar more for a 2up with seadoo move trailer at the boat show in February 2014.

That is list price with no fees. That seems unusual. I paid about $400 more than that for the same setup.

Don't know if you have any sales tax in your state, but i would think if you do that part of the $700 is sales tax.

Excellent point, didn't think of the sales tax. 7% in Ga. I would still try to get them down some, that's just me. Gotta get some off their asking price. :D

Hi Powerslave. I test drove both. The 2 up felt horrible to me plus with a 350 pound weight limit it will pretty much only hold one bigger guy and one tiny woman. If you want to have a kid on it two or 3 people so you can tow on a water toy a 3up is essential. I would def go with the 3up it also has more horse power . its $1,300 more than the base $4,999 price but worth it.
keep in mind you may not be able to choose what add ons you want. i got the last one Miami and it came fully loaded so i had no choice but to take it with everything. Im shocked you can still buy a 2014 spark. most of the dealerships all over the country are all out a month ago from what ive been hearing. Like Sarge said, watch out for the sticker shock. i got raped without lube paying about $1,000 more in BS dealerfees. they dont want to come down on anything because the demand is so high. if you dont buy it, someone else will. Here is what stuff cost MSRP..

2up basic $4,9999
3up basic $ 6,299
IBR add on $700
convenience pkg ( front trunk and rear step ) add on $200
Flush kit $30 to buy about another $175 to have them install, depending on if you want to install it yourself or make a DIY version. ( its not like other jetskis where you just lift the seat to flush it ) Picture about $500 in taxes, another $100 in title and registration fees and that's all you should be paying. they gave me all kinds of crap about assembly fee, transportation fee, inspection fee, processing fee and there were literally people waiting behind me to say no, or ill think about it so they could get the last one in miami so i bought it. just still bitching about the price. i highly suggest going to the www.seadoospark.org message board and have a look around, especially in the trouble shooting forum where we have pretty much figured out the first year kinks. I have considered waiting until nov 2015 when the new ones come out, 2nd year model means a lot of kinks/defects worked out but it also means more $, i hear its forecasted to start at $1,000 more . I didnt wait because it took 3 months to get into my marina and who knows how long it would take later so i just went for it. I'm enjoying my ski though. good luck with your decision :)

a bunch of the guys in this thread are over at the spark message board too :) :thumbsup:

I paid $5,899 for 2 UP HO with convenience (List Price) Plus tax and registered it myself in 2 hours at the DMV for $7.50!

Attachments

• Invoice 002 (640x480).jpg
    Invoice 002 (640x480).jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 19
^ Wow. I know registration on the FL state website says its $12.50 a year and title fee is $4 so I questioned why I was being charged $95. They said that's how much it is. I asked if I could just register it myself and they said no, new PWC purchased through the dealer have to have all the registration and title paperwork done there. FL sux in some ways. If you buy a car or need new FL plates because you moved from another state there is a $250 new wheels fee on top of registration/title.

10377440_10201596804962384_7905218638123730419_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back