Look what followed us home.....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pwgsx

We are proud owners of a new 2016 RXP-X 300. All I can say is WOW, this thing is amazing. We still did not sell our old 2 strokes yet, but couldn't pass up this deal - $13,381 out the door, 2 free sea doo jackets, oem cover, dock lines and a safety kit. Had it on the water on Sunday and even during break-in and 3/4 throttle, this thing is a rocket. Now to wait a year so I can add exhaust and a tuner :)

Attachments

• 20160904_001044.jpg
    20160904_001044.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
Congrats. I've been looking at the deals too. Enjoy.

Question. Did $13.3K include trailer as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! That price came down quick. Great deal. Once you finish break in you will truly see what a beast it is.

Yea I couldnt believe the price, it was actually a CL ad as well from a dealer 2 hrs away. It was the last one they had so we put $200 deposit down and made the trip. No added fees or anything, my wife and I were impressed. We had been looking at a 2015 rxpx260 with 8 hours on it with trailer but the o.t.d. price was $12.9k.

welcome to the 4 stroke madness! nice machine and great deal!
i too went from a gsx to a 4 stroke and my aging body is thanking me. even though mine is only a gti 130, it still feels like it has the power of the gsx and still have a blast carving and doing spin outs., yet it plows through chop much nicer where the gsx beat the heck out of me.

You will LOVE owning a 4-tec. Super easy to own.

Confirm with the dealer that the Head Bolt TSB has been completed. There is a single head bolt that is an issue and must be replaced on the 300's.

Man, you got one hell of a great deal! When she hits five hours, you're really gonna see the beast unleashed!

You will LOVE owning a 4-tec. Super easy to own.

Confirm with the dealer that the Head Bolt TSB has been completed. There is a single head bolt that is an issue and must be replaced on the 300's.

He ran my Vin and said my ski came out after the TSB and is not affected, I did check the clamps though and all seemed nice and tight and correct.

He ran my Vin and said my ski came out after the TSB and is not affected, I did check the clamps though and all seemed nice and tight and correct.

Don't forget to check the VTS trim bolts and the Bucket (brake) bolts. EVERYTHING needs to be checked. And after your first 10 hours, I would check your spark-plug torque. I had an issue with mine being loose. 17ft/lbs is the torque.

Quick update: Ski is running great BUT I noticed this once in the first hour of riding, I let off the gas and the ski was almost stopped when I turned the steering to the right and it rev'd high and then back down. I didnt think much of it because it was just a quick burst of throttle......FF to last night ( 3 hrs on ski now) when I took the ski out, I was riding at 3/4 throttle when I let off and let the ski coast to a stop. I happened to turn the bars right and the engine idle increased the more I turned right, the more straight I made the bars it would decrease. I was able to keep this going making a circle above idle speed without touching the gas. Putting the bars straight it went back to idle. I wasnt able to make it happen again. What the hell???

That should be the OTAS. Off throttle assisted steering. It automatically increases engine speed to help steer when at idle.

Yes, that is the OTAS. I can go 5mph without hitting the gas by just turning the handle bars back and forth. I consider it a cheat for the no wake speed cruise control setting some skis come with

Any way to turn that off? Strange bc I was idling waiting for the trailer and turning it left and right it didnt increase at all. Its like it has a mind of its own.

I would talk to the dealer. I'm sure there is a way to deactivate it by pulling the fuse or something but I don't know of it

You'll get used to the OTAS. I wouldn't eliminate it. It's a safety feature that keeps thrust when you let off the throttle and turn. Congrats on the great deal. Wait until the computer opens after break in. It's a savage. A SCOM will get you to 75 mph. Tune, Solas R prop and Cold air intake will get you to 80. Also, don't trust those cheap azz clamps on the coolant line. They WILL fail. Get 2 wider, better quality clamps. I replaced mine before it ever saw water. No problems at 30 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back