Look what came out of my carb filters.....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MPower

What the hell is this stuff?

This ski had a full carb and fuel system refresh in 2011. All new fuels lines and everything cleaned. Ran perfect until summer the last ride of summer 2015 with Suke and idoseadoo. It was not pulling top RPM and just falling flat. I took it back to the house did a compression check and all looked okay, so figured it was fuel relate. Winterized it at that point. Fast forward to today and in preparation of the ride next week I'm doing a fuel system refresh again.

Here is what I found when I pulled the cover off the PTO carb. That little turd looking thing was sitting there. Then the filter was about half full with the same garbage. No idea what it is but it almot looks like little hairs.

Are you using a paper type pre-filter? It looks like paper to me.

Like one of these?

119.jpg

Racer, not using any external filter.

A guy on the Facebook group said its crystallized ethanol. Your thoughts?

I only use the filter/separator from seadoo and I only have ethanol fuel around me and I have never seen that crap before. I do however use sta-bil in my gas. Very strange for sure. I wonder if it is threads from the reinforcement from the fuel line????????

You know....I also thought about the fuel line thing because this stuff resembles hair or little fiber strands. I'll be replacing all my fuel line when I put the carbs back on.

Only thing I can think of cause it has to be post separator, I don't know what micron that separator filter is but those holes are small for sure. No way that much is passing by them.

There are 100% little hairs/fibers holding some of the stuff together. Very tiny black shards. Gritty sand sized particles. A mix of all kinds of stuff.

Putting it under the microscope here in a bit.

Got a couple of funny guys!

Pube was my first thought too. Mystery solved, we have crystallized jizz! LOL

I noticed Suke was eyeing my ski last time out.

Got a couple of funny guys!

Pube was my first thought too. Mystery solved, we have crystallized jizz! LOL

I noticed Suke was eyeing my ski last time out.

Wellllll you know I'm more about sticking my hands in things that fukkin stuff. LOL!

Fast forward 2 years and I think I found what this crap is.

I installed a Dan Squires repaired sending unit yesterday. The one in the ski was the original from 95 as I never replaced it when I did the resto. I pulled the old one apart once got it out and I found this.

C24CB3E4-4148-4CD9-8BC0-CBB32CC4FF75.jpeg

Looks like the floats back in 95 were dense foam? This thing was basically crumbling in my hand. Thinking this could be a majority of what found its way into my carb filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back