Longer Ladder?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know if you can fit the front ladder from a 210, on the back? The front ladder is 3 step, and it'd be nice to have it on the back of my 230.

How did you "pop the pins" on these ladders? Are they supposed to be driven out or what? Im afraid to make them loose

That's very cool. I posted a video of my hydro turf install, and posted pics of my depthfinder install as well. This was so easy to install, I never even took out the camera!

I did have to pull the mounts down, and pop the pins to get it installed. This was nothing even close to rocket science.

I too had the issue of the ladder not sliding very well. I can only assume the tubes must have gotten a bit bent or just bent enough that they didn't want to slide real well. Either way, this will be a nice upgrade.

My next project may be a trolling motor on the bow. I found a way to mount the Minn-Kota quick release plate parallel with the water. And it only leaves a small rounded-off "puck" on the bow when removed. That sounds like the perfect way to turn this into a fish-ski with minimal intrusion in Ski-mode.

More to come....

That's exactly what I thought when I took mine apart.

I unscrewed the hinges from under the rear deck, then laid the ladder on a 4x4 block of wood as not to damage the ladder. And did just that, pounded it out, then grabbed it with a Vise Grip from the other side and pulled it the rest of the way.

When I put them back in, they were as tight as before. They work really well.

One thing you may want to do, since the ladder has no curve, is flip it. Mine has the keeper knob on the bottom and it is a stretch for the ladder keeper strap. It does work, and holds it tight.

I am also going to try to peel that Windline sticker off and googone the sticky stuff. That sticker makes it not want to slide back in easily.

Good luck!

New ladder installed, looks great. Going to take it to Ute Lake in Logan, New Mexico this weekend. Thanks to bifdotorg and everyone in the thread!

My wife used ours this past weekend for the first time. She didn't even think twice at how easy it was to get into the boat now. She would have appreciated it more if I had done it mid season. She would have remembered how different it is from the old single step.

Good work!

Will this same 2 step ladder fit a 2004 Challenger 2000?

I took the ladder off of a 1997 Challenger 1800 is it bolted right on to my 2003 Utopia with no modifications..none. As long as the holes on the hinge match it seems that most of the ladders are interchangeable.

Eddie

If you look up through this thread, that was the discussion about the Challenger 2000 and the X-20. They are the same boat other than Tower/Ballast/Graphics. But for some reason we found that they had different ladders. Read above for details.

The ladder on my X-20 has no bend on top, I guess the other version has a bend in the ladder. If I remember right, there was a width difference too.

Good luck!

Anyone know if there is a direct replacement for an Islandia ladder? I want to get a longer ladder and be able to keep it closed up under the cover on the deck.

Pop a photo and measure the width of the ladder. If there is a Windline part number on it, that's the best way. Windline was the OEM, and with that, they can recommend a longer replacement that should fit your mounts without drilling.

I found on mine, that I didn't have to replace the mounts, or even remove them to install the new ladder. That was with Windline's advice. I ordered directly from them. It was a special order, yours may not be.

Good luck,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back