Locking Gas Cap - 2001 Challenger 1800

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kkosche

Trying to locate a locking gas cap for my 2001 Challenger 1800. I have called Perko . . no luck . . suggested a standard 1.5" replacement neck/cap. I looked through the usual car part store Stant caps . but can't find anything the right size and/or thread dimensions. Tried a couple of Seadoo dealers . . said that Seadoo didn't make a factory locking cap.

I would like to avoid replacing the inner filler tube and redrilling the neck just to go with a traditional Perko type of set up.

Any guidance or help would be appreciated. Can't imagine that I'm the only one that would like to secure my tank. I would guess that that cap is common for 2000 and 2001's if not even a broader range of years.

Thanks.

Do you live in such a place that people would chance being arrested for stealing a couples dollars worth of cheap gas? I would run the tank to reserve before filling it again. That way the gas stays fresh every time too. It is real hard to siphon the gas anyway....I tried on my new 200 speedster. Not worth the effort.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back