Limp home mode and check engine light

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindzy

I have a 2013 seadoo GTR215, when I went to take it out for the first time this season it wouldn't start. It said limp home mode on the display and the service engine light lit up. After several times of trying to start it I did get it going, drove it around a little it drove ok no engine light or limp mode on. Shut it off and now can't get it started. Limp mode and engine light back on. I checked and cleaned the battery terminals and changed the spark plugs and still nothing. Have also noticed the speed and compass gage goes wonky when I turn the seadoo on. Any idea what could be causing this?

On a 13 you should be able to read codes on the dash, will be in your manual. Limp mode will be triggered for a ton of different things from engines sensors (hot, no oil pressure etc) to ibr stuck etc. What it won't report on is a bad sparkplug :)

Keep in mind a limp mode trigger is either an electrical issue where it can't read a sensor or where there is something that will cause catastrophic engine damage if left unattended. I buy blown up machines cheap, yours next? Get it checked, don't try to drive through it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back