Leaky oil reservoir

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooper77515

freebie fixer
Premium Member
Does this need to be replaced? Does it work while under pressure or just gravity feed?

It is leaking at the top on on one of the seams, and just a little bit.

thees an o-ring, if thats what your referring to..(sensor baffle), but if tank seem is leak'n, eventually, the bottle will crack all way down. Then your in for it. I'd replace bottle...

No, referring to the crack at the seam. I figured I could do a bandaid fix with epoxy and slightly reaming out that crack to get me through the season. Swap the bottle over the winter down time.

premixing for the first tank for breakin. HEAVY premix, 1/2 gallon oil to the tank.

That will probably last me the remainder of the season. Then I can put it on winter duty and swap that tank.

It has leaked since i got it. Just a small crack at the top, and doesn't drip unless it is over 3/4 full. If full, it will splash up and drip down the side. Maybe 1 or 2 drops a day, so it isn't a huge crack.

But if the oiling system and tank was working while being pressurized (wasn't sure at first if it was, but apparently not), then the pressure would have likely suffered from the crack.

Luckily, mine is only losing a drop or two every time I take it out, and that only when the oil tank is full or more than 3/4 full. All I am seeing is a light filmy strip near the top on one side. Not really "leaking" in the sense that any of it hits the bilge or hull. I just need to wipe the reservoir off with a paper towel each time I fill up oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back