Leaking GTX Limited

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I have two 1998 GTX Limited with the identical issue; I am getting water in the hull. In both cases, it appears to be entering from under the engine. This is while sitting on the trailer, not running.

Could water be entering from the ride plate? Is there a common issue? Water was defiantly entering from under the engine. No damage to the hull that I can see.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have two 1998 GTX Limited with the identical issue; I am getting water in the hull. In both cases, it appears to be entering from under the engine. This is while sitting on the trailer, not running.

Could water be entering from the ride plate? Is there a common issue? Water was defiantly entering from under the engine. No damage to the hull that I can see.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Check the carbon seal. Have you run the engines without water? The carbon ring can crack and leak.

If on the trailer the most common place is the rivet hols holding the stock mats down.

another area to check, there are two bolts that come up from the ride plate all the way through the hull, they are right under the cover for the "drive shaft", I have reinstalled these before and used the "right stuff" on them to make sure they don't leak. It is pretty easy to see if you remove the cover and put in in the water on the trailer. Of course if you put water in the inside they should leak on the bottom as well, if they are bad.

Also need to know if you have a carrier bearing or carbon seal......mine has a carrier bearing, which is what I prefer because IMO it isn't prone to leaking like the carbon seal. The draw back to the carrier bearing is you have to keep it lubed or it could "grenade" and causing damage.

Back