Kill switch relocation

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys maybe I'm thinking crazy this morning but had an idea but not sure if would work or has been done before. I've searched the net and found nothing on it. Because my daughter (7 y/o) rides with me a lot, and she has to sit in the front. My lanyard periodically gets knocked off , therefore killing the motor. Is it possible to move the kill switch with lanyard up near my Start/Stop button or even possible to replace it with a Kawasaki style like this one? I'm on a 1995 XP. Not sure if I could use the Kawasaki part (id rather not) or if there are after market options. Thanks for any help

kawasaki-kill-switch-with-green-lanyard.jpg

Being a 95, you don’t even has a DESS style lanyard. You can move I️t anywhere you are able to mount it.

I have this problem when my daughter rides the snowmobile with me. She sits in front and constantly hits the kill switch (push button).

You'll probably have to reverse your wiring since the the older Kawasaki switches work in reverse of the Seadoo kill switches. The kawis are lift up for on and down for off, where as the Sea doos are down for on and up for off.

Looking around, I noticed the handle bar pad from a 1999 Xp LTD has the hole built in. May try that pad on my ski and move the stock kill switch there. Going to order one on Ebay. Ill let you know how it goes

Honestly my son rides with me on my 01’ XP with the same bar mounted kill switch location and he still knocks it off.

Your not helping me mikidymac! Lol. Thanks for letting me know that before I spent more money trying it. On to figuring out something else

I think your best bet would be to try to use a wrist style lanyard like the Yamaha's used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back